The Battle Continues

Nightmare skidded across the white ground which made up the Omega Timeline. He let out a sound which seemed to be a mix between a hiss and a roar as his freshly cut tentacles regenerated. His corrupted soul was a vortex of familiar emotions: anger, hate, confusion, and frustration, with all of them dialled up to eleven and directed at one man.

Sorcerer paid the Guardian of Negativity no mind. He was more focused on swinging a sword of pure energy at the Shadows around him. He flipped and he flew, using both webs and magic to trip up the creatures which severed Nightmare.

Nightmare growled. He could feel the pressure of the battle and could see the very real risk of him losing. Nightmare wasn't foolish enough to believe that he would win every battle, but this was different. Dream, Ink and Error were powerful opponents, but they were Guardians of their own Balances as well. It was expected for their power to rival his, at least with the current state of Positivity and Negativity in the multiverse.

This though... this fight had no reason to be this difficult.

He was fighting a human, not even one blessed by the Doodle Sphere or other powerful beings. It was a regular human with a smilingly weak soul who somehow held mastery over an unfamiliar arcane art powerful enough to hurt HIM!

This could not go on. Nightmare melted into the ground and rushed towards the insect.

Sorcerer wasn't impressed with this pathetic attempt at a sneak attack. The Cloak of Levitation lifted him from the ground right as a black puddle appeared. The puddle jumped after him, forming what could be best described as a melting ink sac flavoured ice cream shark. The thing's mouth was wide open, and Peter allowed the thing to almost swallow him.

When he was deep enough in its mouth, he cast summoned magical razor blades which effortlessly tore through the beast.

'God, I love that spell,' Peter thought to himself happily.

But the happiness was brief as he quickly returned to the battle at hand.

An airborne Shadow dived towards him, but Peter countered by webbing its eyes and pulling it towards him, where it met its end with a punch enhanced both by magic and the proportional strength of a spider.

His magically enhanced senses trach the sick blackhole that was Nightmare as he moved around the battlefield and spared a few moments to inspect the rest of the battle for the Omega Timeline. Too many souls had been lost already.

He prayed that reinforcements would arrive soon.

///

Chara screamed in pain as they removed the sharpened bone from their shoulder. They hissed as the warm blood rushed out, staining their hoodie and sticking the cloth to the wound. They breathed heavily as they tried to force some sort of healing magic into the wound. They would hate to lose because of fucking gradual blood loss.

Killer was grinning maniacally down at them. He was sat on the top part of the bench with his feet resting on the actual seat. He was obviously taking a lot of pleasure in this.

"You know," Killer began as he stood up, "I remember humans being a lot tougher than this."

He stood up and stepped off the bench. He twirled his freshly blood-stained knife between his fingers as he casually walked towards the collapsed human.

Chara forced themself to stand up even as their injuries screamed at them to stay down. It hurt twice as much to summon half a dozen glowing knives behind them.

"Only because... you're supposed to die when you stub your toe. Remind me what happened to your pathetic stats again, Sans."

The change was instant yet subtle. His grin shifted into a frown and he began to growl.