{Part 3}

Ominis Gaunt, POV.

If you told me that learning how to be a husband or father would be this easy, I wouldn't have shyed away, so easily.

Following my return to Gaunt Manor, the dark urge had taken ahold of me to its fullest,
my father had beat it back into me.
His manipulation poisoning any shred of my former self which was now long forgotten.

I had disassociated to protect myself from this fate. I now revelled in it.

All I wanted to do was fulfil the contract, please my father and do my duty to this country.

I had been enrolled in a program where I would learn the ropes of being a husband and leader of the household, as well as a father.

All in preparations for my upcoming wedding to a girl I could barely remembered now.

Testing had also had to be done on me, and my fitness to perform. So to speak.

I had to provide my mother with a grandchild and breed a new kind of wizard for a war that loomed on the horizon.

Following the conclusion of the emotional, physical and spiritual aspects of the program, I was released back to my home at Gaunt manor

I stepped through the imposing gates of Gaunt Manor, a chill wind whispered through the overgrown gardens, carrying with it the echoes of my distant past.

It had been years since I had last set foot in this place, years spent locked away in the darkness of Azkaban, my mind consumed by bitter thoughts of revenge and redemption. But now, as I stood before the crumbling facade of my ancestral home, a dark urge stirred within him, threatening to consume my resolve and surrender my will to my family.

The memories of my imprisonment weighed heavily on my shoulders, each step forward a reminder of the sins of his past and the shackles of my bloodline.

As I crossed the threshold into the dimly lit foyer, the shadows seemed to reach out to me, beckoning me deeper into the heart of darkness that had long haunted me from my family's legacy.

"Submit," whispered a sinister voice in the recesses of my mind, a voice as ancient and malevolent as the house itself. "Submit to the will of your ancestors, to the destiny that has been written in blood and betrayal. Embrace the path that has been laid before you, and claim your rightful place among the shadows."

A shiver ran down my spine as the dark urge took ahold of me, my rational mind clouded by a primal instinct to obey, to surrender to the twisted desires of my family.

"This is your fate," whispered the voice, its words like poison seeping into my soul.

"Embrace it, and you will find power beyond imagining. Deny it, and you will be lost to the darkness forever."

And so, with a heavy heart and a weary soul, I bowed my head in silent acquiescence, my footsteps echoing through the empty halls of Gaunt Manor as I surrendered myself fully to the cruel whims of fate.

For in that moment of weakness, he knew that he had become a prisoner once more, bound not by chains of iron, but by the invisible bonds of duty and obligation that tethered him to his family's legacy.