{Part 6}

Ophelia Grace, POV
~

In my dreamlike state, I found my mind drifting and dabbling in my affairs from my fifth year within the walls of Hogwarts.

One day in particular.

The day we'd found ourselves deep within the scriptorium, attempting to gain access to Salazar Slytherin's crypt to retrieve the book on relics and darker forms of magic. To save Anne.

Sebastian's golden brown eyes were masked between the spider webs and the dark atmosphere of the room we became sealed in.

A look of panic striking the three of us dead in the face as the door unexpectedly closed behind us. Trapping us inside.

The sound of Ominis's footprints could be heard in the background pacing with anxiety as he muttered words to himself to help calm down his anxiety.

Sebastian and I stared at the ground. 'Crucio' had been carved into the stone floor. The door showing a disturbing scene of what must be done in order to gain access.

The realisation of what was about to occur in order for us to proceed deeper into the scriptorium hit Ominis first, even though he hadn't even looked up from the floor or stopped pacing.

Moments passed as we argued over who would be the one to cast the spell. Ominis was suggested first as he had cast it before, his family forcing him to bestow the torture curse upon someone against his will.

"Crucio" Sebastian casted in my direction, his brows furrowed. He quickly began drunk on the power, the power to wield such unforgivable magic free-willingly encapsulated hun.

My body went numb. Shaded with red, all I could feel was pain. agony. torture. It felt as if the nine hells had swallowed me up and spat me back out again. I saw images from my childhood that left me scarred.

I fell to the ground in pain.

I looked up and could make out Sebastian saying "Are you alright?" he was panicked. However part of him was disturbed and excited about the door opening at my expense.

Ominis ran to my side, his delicate hand touching my cheek.
"Don't faint, darling. Stay awake." he lifted his hand under my head to stop it from hitting the floor. "Stay here with me."

"This will pass, you are so strong." He whispered to me, his tone sweet and full of good intentions, a sympathetic lullaby.

I started to feel something for him that day, how he prioritised my safety before his own and how gentle and sensitive his touch was.

However, I would have never picture that the man beside me now, is whom he would become.

Ominis stirred from the floor where he slept.

He hadn't wanted to share the bed with me until the marriage was official, I assumed.

I pretended to remain asleep as he got up from his place on the floor. One of my eyes remained slightly open as I watched his exit from our bedroom.
I slowed my heart and my breath down until he motioned out of the door.

I hated that I was here, I didn't want to marry him, I didn't want him to lay beside me or even in the room with me, I despised him, but part of me, following my dream couldn't forget the kind and sweet Slytherin boy from fifth year.