{Part 5}

Ophelia Grace, POV
~

Ominis's presence loomed over me like a suffocating shadow, his possessiveness radiating a chilling aura that makes my skin crawl.

As he started to inspect my body, I began to feel violated and small. One of the perks of having no sight; the "you can look, but not touch' rule didn't apply to him.

The familiarness of his touch however brought a weird sort of comforting feeling to me at the same time.
How he used to hold my arm in fifth year as we navigated the castle together, how we would exchange gardening tools in herbology as our hands gently grazed the others, it all flooded back, torturing me. Curiosity of his new dark persona crossed my mind.

As I focused on making it through the first 24 hours of this new and unfamiliar fate, my thoughts began consumed by Sebastian's voice echoing in my mind from the depths of the dungeon.

My mind paced of his potential fate too, especially with what Ominis had intended to do with him.

The weight of my arranged marriage with a Gaunt, Ominis in paticular, pressed down on me like a crushing burden.

The demand for my signature in blood felt like the final nail in the coffin of my autonomy.

However, I couldn't let them win or crush me,
my insides flickered with defiance, but fear held me paralyzed, my every instinct screaming for escape.

"Look at me." Ominis ordered. His soft hand redirecting my face towards his eye-line.

I looked into his milky white eyes, praying that this was all an act and that I could go home.

He traced my jaw with his finger tips, I was in the moment but a million miles away. "What will come of Sebastian, Is he okay?" I asked, not being able to contain it inside me a minute longer.

"No harm will come to Sebastian." Ominis said sternly. His hands left my body for a moment.

"But that will depend on how well behaved you are." He smirked wickedly.

He started to pace in front of me. "I'm sure you studied the contract and you know what's expected of us both." Ominis whispered, his hands met my face again, rising goosebumps all over my body.

I rolled my eyes. "He's your best friend Ominis."

"Was."

"He was my best friend." Ominis corrected.

He looked down at the ground for a brief moment, almost like he was experiencing a moment of sadness. He quickly shook his head, snapping back into his form as he felt over my hips. He grunted in delight.

I continued talking, as a silence shadowed the room.

"I know that you sacrificed yourself for him. I know that he didn't stay in contact. Life got in the way, but you can't punish us because of that." I demanded.
I crossed my arms, fear and frustration coursed through me, this was the first time i'd stood up to him since being at the manor.

Ominis huffed as he backed away from my body. His hands falling by his side again. His height towered over me, he had to look down when speaking to me.

"Sign this contract, and I'll ensure no harm will come to Sebastian." Ominis stated, handing the document to me.

"But I can't promise I won't strike him if I see fit." He demanded.

The space near to his fingerprint on the document remained blank, awaiting a blood soaked finger tip to sign beside it. Mine.