10. Gandharnaresh

"Only love can give the ability to make a person ruin someone else's life"

⩙⩙⩙

Niranjana entered the royal kitchen of Hastinapura. It was a huge sunlit room. Fires had already been lit. The day had started. This kitchen catered to the royal family which had more than 100 members, the palace maids, the security and the left over food was fed to the city's homeless

 This kitchen catered to the royal family which had more than 100 members, the palace maids, the security and the left over food was fed to the city's homeless

Niranjana entered the kitchen to find Kunti in the kitchen who smiled seeing her enter. 

"Good morning beta. Did you sleep well?" Kunti asked.

"Yes mata. What about you?" Niranjana asked smiling.

"I slept well. Now, don't worry a lot. Prepare a kheer, that's enough." Kunti instructed, while Niranjana nodded. 

"And this is Yamini, the head cook." Kunti pointed towards an elderly woman who bowed.

Niranjana started her work. She knew how to cook. In fact all her siblings knew how to cook. Her mother considered it a life skill and all the four kids learnt to cook exceptionally well.

She enjoyed whatever she did to the fullest, it always led to the best results. But, today she was nervous. Kunti's words kept ringing in her ears. 

Niranjana had understood that Kunti would not get impressed by cooking or sweet talk. She would see the finer things. Like her behavior and persona.

Shubha came in breaking her chain of thoughts.

"Anantaa, do you require any help?" she asked.

"Of course not. I will do it myself." Niranjana smiled, as Shubha stood behind her looking at the perfectionist princess. She exited the kitchen and decided to wait for the princess.

Bheem entered the kitchen, after his exercise, for a pre breakfast snack. He had been training all morning, and his stomach had been growling.

"Arey Bhabhishree! What are you doing here?" Bheem asked surprised.

"Good morning to you too Bheem! Naachne aayi hu." Niranjana smiled at her brother in law.

(I am here to dance)

"Oh! Its your first rasoi na? Sorry bhul gaya. But, I am happy as well. From now on Matashri ke alawa there is someone to cook for me!" Bheem siad excitedly sitting on the slab next to the pot and reaching for the dry fruits box.

(I forgot

Except mother)

"What if you don't like my food? Then?" Niranjana said adding milk and stirring her pot.

"Impossible! I have tasted Maharani Gayathri's cooking. And she is Maa Annapurna herself! Of course I would like your food." Bheem said confidently and put a few cashews in his mouth, and Niranjana laughed as she added jaggery to the pot and closed it and waited for it to boil.