12. You can't keep everyone happy.

To keep everyone happy, you should become an ice-cream seller

*****

The abhishek went on without a problem, but Niranjana sensed that Duryodhan and Shakuni were not impressed with it, but Nakul made her understand it was not an issue. 

She now sat in her room getting ready for the dinner. It was a welcome dinner for Kunti's family. She looked at herself in the mirror and put her hair in place. 

She huffed. She was tired. She had been running around the entire day, one ritual after the other. Yudhishtir entered the room and heard her huff. He felt bad, it was her first day here and she was already tired. 

"You seem tired Princess." Yudhishtir asked entering the room, in order to change his angavastra.

"Oh its nothing, I am quite used to it." Niranjana replied, while he simply nodded.

"May I ask you something?" Niranjana asked as Yudhishtir was in an attempt to pleat his angavastra.

"You are my wife not a minister. You don't need permission." Yudhishtir replied still focusing on his pleats.

"How is your uncle and his family? As in the one arriving today." Niranjana said taking notice of his inability to pleat.

"Oh he is a wonderful man. Never a dull moment with him around. My aunt is just like Taiji, loves unconditionally. And Subhadra is an absolute sweetheart. She won't be a bother." Yudhishtir replied as he once again failed to pleat.

"May I try to pleat it? You seem to need help." Niranjana said as she stood up and neared him, and he nodded.

"I can never do this myself you know? It seems a puzzle to me." Yudhishtir huffed.

"That's ok. You now have someone who can do this perfectly." Niranjana chuckled taking the pleats in hand. 

Yudhishtir then realized their closeness. She seemed focused at her job, and didn't mind his bare chest. Her eyes wrinkled, and her brows creased in concentration. Her hands skillfully pleated the long cloth. His heart was already beating uncontrollably. He had never felt this with another woman though he had met and interacted with plenty of them. 

"Jyesht! Jyestht!" Nakul barged in the room. The sudden noise broke Yudhishtir's concentration at his wife, but his wife's concentration was still at the task at hand. Mentally cursing his brother he turned to face him.

"What is it my dearest?" He asked anger evident.

"Oh I am sorry! I must have disturbed you. Matashri has asked you and Bhabhishree to come to the dining hall, if you are not busy." Nakul teased.

"You are no disturbance Nakul." Niranjana replied as she placed the pleated garment on her husband's right shoulder, not knowing the double meaning behind his words.

"Arey pagal! I told you to knock!" Bheem entered fuming at his brother.

"I should have knocked Bhaiyya. I must have interrupted." Nakul suggestively spoke, and Bheem understood.

"Ye log kya baate kar rahe hai?" Niranjana whispered to her husband.

(What are these people speaking?)

"Nothing, they must have lost their screws on the way here. Let's go Mamashree must have arrived." Yudhishtir said pacifying her for the time being,

The four of them walked towards the dining chamber.

"Arey! You both stop." Bheem said.

"Why? You want us to have our dinner here?" Niranjana asked jokingly.