19 | Secret Keeper

Adrien and Marinette walked upstairs to the guest room and knocked on the door.

Felix opened it and glanced between them. "What do you two dorks want?"

Marinette opened her palm and revealed the peacock brooch. "What do you want?"

His eyes widened. "Where did you find that?"

"Like you said, my father has many hiding places," Adrien said.

Felix reached his hand out, hesitant. He didn't know if they were playing him. He snatched it from her hand and pinned it behind his tie.

The kwami Duusu appeared in a ball of light. She yawned and looked around, confused. "You're not my master."

"I am now," Felix stated.

"Why do you want the peacock miraculous, Felix?" Marinette asked.

He didn't answer. "It's complicated."

The Guardian crossed her arms. It didn't matter what Felix's reason was. He wasn't going to keep it forever.

"Well, since you got what you came for, you can go now," Adrien said.

Felix raised his eyebrows and asked. "So, you are trying to kick me out. Why?"

Adrien and Marinette shared a look.

"It's not that we don't want you here, it's just..." Adrien looked to Marinette for help.

"What about your mother, in London?" She quickly said. "She probably doesn't expect you to be gone too long."

"My mother trusts me to travel alone, especially if I'm visiting family..." Felix tilted his head and added, "But since you two want me gone so bad, I think I'll stay."

"What?!" They shouted in sync. "No!"

Felix snickered. "Hmm, now I know you're definitely hiding something. I'm not an idiot. If you two tell me what, then I promise I'll leave."

The pair stepped back as they whispered to each other.

"I'm sick of this." Felix stepped forward and grabbed their arms, forcing them in his room, and he shut and locked the door. "I'm not giving you a choice. You're going to tell me what you're hiding and why you want me to leave so bad."

Adrien grabbed her hand. "I think we can trust him."

"No way!" Marinette shouted back. "Are you insane? He could use this against us!"

"Don't be so dramatic, Marinette," Felix laughed. "What, do you think I'll... blackmail you or something?"

She gasped. "You were eavesdropping on us earlier! How much did you hear?"

"Enough to know my cousin here is Cat Noir and that you two definitely had something to do with Uncle Gabriel disappearing."

"See?" Adrien pointed out as he stood beside his cousin. "He already almost knows! We might as well tell him. I think we can trust him."

Marinette crossed her arms and faced Felix. "Do you care about Adrien?"

He was thrown off by the question and said, "What?"

"Adrien's family, he's your cousin, but do you care about him? Would you protect him?"

"I... I guess," Felix whispered. "That's what I've been trying to do for years now."

"I'm asking because if the truth gets out, Adrien's life is over."

Felix's eyes widened and he gasped out, "Holy shit, what the hell did you two do?"

Marinette stepped back and grabbed Adrien's hand. "If you trust him, then so do I."

Adrien took in a deep breath and faced his cousin. "I killed my father."