Simple Beauty

Red

I woke up with bile pooling in my mouth and a sickening feeling in my stomach. I rolled over just in time for spew to rush up my throat and into the bucket beside my bed. Evermore woke up immediately and gathered my hair behind me, all while rubbing my back and making soothing shushing noises. I gagged a couple of times because of the rancid taste in my mouth and spat into the bucket which triggered another chuck up.

'Good job baby, just let it out' my girlfriend said sleepily. I reached my shaking hand behind me and grasped hers desperately. 'It's alright, you'll be okay. Are you done?'

I nodded and she slowly pulled me into a sitting position. I slumped into her and started to sob, still clinging to her arms.

'Oh, baby. You're fine, that's probably it now. Do you want to wash out your mouth?'

I nodded again and she slipped out of bed before helping me to my feet. She led me to the bathroom and filled a cup of water before passing it to me and cuddling me while I rinsed my mouth.

'Can I brush my teeth?' I wondered quietly.

'Just wait a bit baby, so the acid doesn't hurt your teeth'.

'Okay'.

'That wasn't so bad in the was it?'

'Yes, it was. It was disgusting'.

Evermore giggled and kissed my neck. 'Whatever you say, baby'.

Midnights

I woke up naked and smirked when I remembered the night before. 1989 was asleep next to me with her mouth slightly open and her arm over my waist.

I rolled over and pulled her into my arms happily, barely stopping myself from covering her in kisses.

'Morning sleepy head' I cooed as her eyelashes fluttered and she opened her eyes.

'Morning babe' she smiled 'how are you this morning?'

'My legs hurt a bit but otherwise incredible! How 'bout you?'

1989 kissed my cheek and smiled. 'Pretty good, kinda as per usual but you know that's expected'.

'Sure, at least you're not pregnant' I joked.

'How could I be? I don't remember you having a dick'.

'Well, I don't remember having one either. Don't mind me. Do you need anything?'

'Nah, just cuddle me' 1989 giggled and pulled herself into me more.

I kissed her soft neck and her eyes closed contentedly.

Folklore

I was the first awake and the only one as far as I knew. I got out of bed, opened my blinds, stretched, and yawned. Sunlight poured in through my window and warmed my cold bedroom, making me smile at the simple beauty of it. I ran a brush through my fluffy blond hair and giggled as it puffed up slightly, then made my bed and wandered downstairs. Lover's cat, Benjamin, was lying on the kitchen windowsill, his long tail swishing contentedly as he peered out into the world.

'Good morning kitty' I smiled, running my fingers through his fur. I stood at the coffee machine and looked out the window as it made my coffee. Occasionally people would pass our house, they all looked happy, always in twos. Never alone (or so it felt). Never the lonely outcast everyone assumes is fine because they look after everyone in the household with a smile on their face, never the quiet, caring, calm, but lonely girl. That was all about to change though, I hope.

The coffee machine stopped after a minute, which pulled me out of my daydream. I poured myself a cup and made another one for anyone who wanted it, which was lucky because Lover walked through the door, already fully dressed and holding her bag.