Chapter 2

(Canada's pov)

I was sitting in a meeting doing absolutely nothing because we barely get anything done when I received a text from someone.

Pulling out my phone I saw it was Amelia.

A: Hey, Matt. Sorry for texting you while you're at a meeting but just wanted to say hi!

Me: Nah, your fine. Barely anything gets done here anyway.

A: LOL, hope you enjoy it. Gotta go! My wife wants my attention.

I stared at her text in shock, 'She's married and didn't tell me!? We've been talking for weeks maybe even months by now!' I think to myself in complete shock at this point. Putting my phone away I notice Austria going up to the podium to announce something.

"Small announcement to make. My annual Gala will be held next month and you can invite another person." He stated, I looked at him a little surprised but quickly spoke up.

"That's great, could I invite Amelia then?" I asked in my usual quiet voice. Austria paused but nodded.

"I'll give you her invitation." He said to me before moving onto his presentation.

~Time skip, again by authors sleeping cat~

I got up from my seat and Austria handed me a quick letter of invitation that I needed to hand to Amelia. I gave him a soft smile and he left, as did I.

Getting into my truck I put down Amelia's address she gave me onto the letter and my address for returns. Once done I drove off to the post office and dropped it off there, of course with all of the required information on it.

(America's pov)

A few days ago I got a letter in the mail from Matthew. I was a little surprised once I read it since I'm being invited to a nation meeting even when they don't know I am one as Matthew's plus one.

I walked over to my wife and sat down next to her on the couch and handed her the letter I received.

"To Mr. Williams' Guest, I'm pleased to inform you that he has invited you to my Gala in Austria. If you're unable to attend please let me know. Signed Roderich Edelstein." She read aloud before looking at me surprised and happy.

"That's great news! You should go! I'll have Dixie help with the kids and paperwork!" She said to me putting the letter down on the coffee table and pulling me into a hug. I smiled at her and accepted the hug.

~Time skip again, because school~

I stood at the doorway with my luggage. Wist helped me put it into the car and then stood next to me. "I'm going on a trip for a week or so to Austria, Mom will stay here with Uncle Dixie to help you all. Call me if anything happens." I say to the entire group of kids. A chorus of 'yes', 'love you' and 'have fun' came from the kids. I then watched them all pile back into the house.

I turned to Lectwist who walked off to the car and took the drivers seat and got inside, I took the passengers and she started the drive to the airport.

Passing the stone arch we made we arrived in New York City quickly. Arriving at one of the Airports she stopped at the entrance and I got out with my luggage.

"Have fun, love!" She said to me with excitement and a wave before driving off and I started my asscent to the doors.

Walking into the airport I check in with one of the receptionists for my flight and then sit down and wait.

~Time skip by America's phone~

Once my flight was called for last boarders I went up to the attendant and handed her my first-class ticket. She looked a little surprised that I, for what I was wearing, could afford it. She smiled and I boarded the plane. Reaching my first-class seat I sat down and pulled out a book written in German.

I looked up from my book to see a flight attendant trying to speak to me.

(I'm lazy and don't feel like translating anything so-)"{German} Miss, sorry to bother you but the plane has landed and I need you to leave." She said to me as politely as she could.

"{German} Alright, thank you for informing me." I say to her with a polite smile and got up from my seat. She looked a little surprised when she realized how tall I am.

I gave a slight chuckle and left the plane, reaching the terminal I handed them my passport and they let me through.

Picking up my passport and luggage I walked towards the front doors and pulled the letter out again. Flipping it over I found a description for the person picking me up.

"For added information, the person picking you up is in a black suit with a light purple tie and golden rimmed glasses." I read to myself, looking around I spotted the person. "His name is John McCain.(I don't know Austrian names, sorry!) Please don't leave him a tip, he won't accept." I chuckled to myself at the last part as I read it.

Walking over to John and an entitled man is yelling at him. Making a coughing sound to catch their attention they look over at me.

"I trust you are John McCain, the person that's supposed to pick me up?" I ask him, he nods.

"May I see your letter, Miss?" He asked me, I grabbed the letter and handed it to him.

He nodded and escorted me to the limousine. Taking in the vehicle I smiled softly. He opened the door for me and I got inside and he handed me back my letter which I stuffed into my hoodie pocket.

He started the drive to the mansion the gala would be in and we got to know each other better. I smiled when I saw the mansion, it is far smaller than mine but I do have a large family. John helped me out of the limo and I pulled my luggage behind me.

Walking up to the house on the stone pathway I took a deep breath before entering, once I did so I saw....

=======================================

Word count: 1053

=======================================