Chapter 7

(America's pov)

Mathias set me down at my door and we stood there awkward for a moment before I broke the silence.

"Thanks for carrying me back." I whispered, I don't want to admit this but I did develop feelings for him and it's so embarrassing. Why did I fall for him of all nations?

"Oh, you're welcome." He responded, I could hear his voice cracking a little. "I should go now." Mathias stated.

"Oh! Right! Uhhh, see you tomorrow?" I said, he smiled and nodded before leaving.

I entered my room and grabbed a change of clothes and took a quick shower. After my shower I plopped down onto my bed face-first and fell asleep like that.

I woke up to quiet, looking over at my clock sitting on my nightstand I check the time and date. It's only Tuesday at 5am. Well shit. Guess I'm not going back to sleep. I get up from bed and grab a change of clothes, probably the most casual thing I packed for this week. It was just a black NASA hoodie and gray sweatpants with a plain blue t-shirt.

Putting the outfit on I left my room and walked down the hall to the kitchen, a few of the maids were surprised to see me awake already. One of them handed me a cup of plain black coffee.

"Do you want anything with that?" The maid asked, I studied her for a moment before realizing it was the same maid I stopped from falling.

"Ah, no. Thank you for your offer." I say with a soft smile before walking off to the library I saw when exploring.

Reaching the library I grabbed one of the books that interested me and I sat down at the front of the library at one of the many tables and started reading without the lights on. I continued to sip on my coffee as I read. After I finished it I set the empty coffee mug onto the table and just continued to read, letting my magic roam free as I relaxed quite a lot.

I set the book down after I made it about halfway through it, the book is Death of Virgil by Hermann Broch(It's a real book, I used Google for this- and there are exactly 613 pages. Long book I guess). There's about 600 pages, possibly more as I didn't actually look. I pulled my magic back in slowly as if I did it quickly, off goes my head like the Kingdom of France. Once I finished that, I grabbed the book and continued off on the page I left off on.

Someone must've entered the room as someone tapped my shoulder, I looked up at them and realized it was Mathias. I smiled and put the book back down after I set a bookmark there so I could pick up on it later.

"Hi, Mathias!" I said excitedly as I stared up at him. I could see a small smirk on his face before he picked me up and moved me onto his lap. He handed me my book and didn't say a word. I just blushed and stuffed my face into the book. I leaned back after I got so immersed in my book, that tends to happen if it's a book I like. Once I finished it, I got off his lap and went to put the book back in its rightful place. I walked over to Mathias again and grabbed my empty coffee mug from the stand.

"Wanna get breakfast?" I ask him with a smile, he nods and stands up. He grabbed my hand and we walked together to the kitchen, once we arrived he let go of my hand and I walked into the kitchen. A few maids were in there but otherwise, none of the cooks showed up.

"Where's the cooks?" I ask the maid closest to me, she looked over at me and stared for a minute before answering.

"They're not coming in today. Most are sick and two lost a family member." The girl responded, I smiled and set my empty mug onto the counter.

"I'll cook then. What does Mr. Roderich like for breakfast normally?" I ask the maids near me, one handed my an apron and a hair net. I grabbed the apron and put it on but untied my hair, letting it each it's full length down to my ankles and tied it up again but with a claw clip instead.