CHAPTER 12

(Pov: roman Torchwick)

"Goood...my legs are killing me from all this walking," I grumbled, feeling annoyed and a little tired.

I've been walking almost all night, and I can't find a fucking single dust shop open. I didn't think it would be so difficult and stressful.

"Although, I heard there's always one open 24/7, and I think I'm close," I thought, picking up my pace.

I also haven't heard from Cinder since yesterday. She hasn't responded to any of my messages or calls.

The last order I received was to steal as much dust as possible to stockpile it in an abandoned city.

Why? I don't know yet.

"Meh, crazy bitch." I thought, chuckling slightly.

After walking bored with my guys for some minutes we finally found our target.

"Finally a damn shop open!" I said with a smile, looking at the open store.

Several of my men also cheered at the sight of the shop.

"Well, let's go in, no more wasting time." I ordered my guards as we entered the store.

I turned for a moment to see how many men I hired. I don't usually do my missions with many bodyguards because they attract hunters or police attention quickly.

But since Cinder isn't responding to help me evacuate in case of an emergency, I was forced to hire more men for security.

Nothing can go wrong anyway...

Roman opened the door of the store with all his men menacingly.

With a mocking smile, he approached the owner, who looked at him nervously, and said-"Do you know how hard it is to find a dust shop open at these hours?"-while one of his men pointed a gun at the owner, making him to be afraid.

"Just t-take the money and leave!" he said, opening the cash register and raising his hands.

"Shh, calm down. We're not here for the money old man. Grab the dust," he said as his men started emptying all the dust they could from the store.

While that was happening, a young woman with black hair and red streaks, who we all know who she is, was reading her favorite weapons magazine in the same store.

She had headphones on, listening to music, so she didn't hear a thing of what was going on.

"Holy shit, the new electric pulse weapon that Atlas released is super cool! I bet it could vaporize any Grimm that gets in its way hehehe" said Ruby with stars in her eyes and a silly smile.

One of Roman's men who was inspecting the store noticed the girl reading because she was listening to her music at full volume, so he took out his sword and approached her.

"Hey you! Hands up!" he shouted at Ruby, who didn't hear and just turned the next page of her magazine.

With a vein popping on his forehead, he approached her. "I said hands up! Are you deaf or what?!" he said and grabbed her shoulder roughly, making Ruby turn around.

The guy pointed at her earphones, making Ruby take them off and look at him with a confused face.

"Yes?" she said, looking at the guy with the sword.

"I said hands up! Now!" he shouted as Ruby looked at him curiously.

"Are you... robbing me?"

Already tired of this girl's stupidity he shouted "YES, DORK!"