\|/ 𝘼 𝙉𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙚. \|/

[~] [~] [~] [~] [~]

[~] [~] [~] [~] [~]

It was now the next day, and today was the day where Hiccup would be expected to fight and kill the Monstrous Nightmare in the ring.

"Hiccup! Hiccup! Hiccup!" Several Vikings chanted as they were stood in front of the Stoick, obviously elated at this.

You were stood off at the crowd too, occasionally glancing over at the actual ring and the cage where hiccup would be meant to fight.

"I can finally show my face in public!" Stoick laughed out loud, referencing to how Hiccup was definitely not like this about a couple weeks ago.

You rolled your eyes a little bit, crossing your arms as you looked around a little.

"If somebody told me that in a few short weeks, hiccup would go from- well- being a... hiccup! To placing first in dragon training! Well, I would've tied them to a mast and shipped 'em off for fear he'd gone mad!" Stoick said. "And you know it!"

The crowd of Vikings all laughed in unison at that, cheering at Stoick as they continued to surround the ring.

Feint and Toothless were still back at the area you and him had left them at, safe and sound away from any sort of Viking attention.

As expected.

"But, here we are. No ones more surprised- or more proud, than I am." Stoic continued. "Today, my boy becomes a Viking. Today, he becomes, one of us!"

The crowd collectively began to cheer for Hiccup, chanting his name along with a few others things.

Astrid and I walked towards Hiccup who was holding his shield and looking at the Vikings from inside the starting point, looking a little bit awkward as he was not the most used to this.

"Careful with that dragon." Astrid said, crossing her arms, still looking a little bit annoyed with Hiccup from yesterday.

"Careful with your hair. I can't imagine you bald." You said, smiling at Hiccup as you leaned against the rocks that were making up the wall around the three of you.

Hiccup rolled his eyes before looking back at the Vikings.

"It's not the dragon I'm worried about." Hiccup breathed out, the three of you watching as his father made his way to his throne-like chair.

"What are you guys gonna do?" Astrid asked, moving a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Put an end to this." Hiccup states. "I have to try. We have to try."

You looked over at Hiccup for the sudden burst of credit that you had received, but brushed it off rather quickly.

"Y/n, if something goes wrong. Make sure they don't find Toothless. Or Feint." Hiccup told you, making eye contact.

"Mmhm." You said, nodding. "In case I end up dying too Astrid you're the third person."

It was a precaution.

"I will. Just- promise me it won't go wrong." Astrid said.

"You can't die to a monstrous nightmare, at least not in front of me cause I'd laugh at your grave." You stated, earning a disappointed look from Hiccup.

He was about to answer but gobber came around the corner to talk.

"It's time, Hiccup." Gobber said. "Knock 'em dead."

He nodded and began to walk into the ring, the Vikings of berk cheering for him and chanting his name as he put on the helmet which was mildly oversized to his head.

Gobber walked into the room you and Astrid were staying in before shutting the gates, which sealed him in.

In a few minutes he'd be in there with a monstrous nightmare fighting for his life.

Fishlegs, snotlout, Ruffnut And Tuffnut could be seen cheering for hiccup on the sidelines.

He began walking over to the weapons area where they were a bunch, having to choose a weapon.

You audibly sighed when you saw him choose a shield and an extremely small knife.

If something did go wrong, that small knife was the last thing he wanted to have in order to secure his survival.

Stoick muttered something to Gobber, pointing to the hammer.

"I'm ready." Hiccup said.

He definitely wasn't.

A Viking began to pull on a lever which was attached to a rope, pulling the log completely out of the sealed door.

Everyone gasped.

Out came an exceptionally angry monstrous nightmare, already on fire with its body ignited, shrieking as it began to scan the area.

It tried to escape and attack the other Vikings almost immediately, running around the cage before putting the fire out on itself.

You looked to Astrid with a worried look.

It finally noticed hiccup, slowly lowering itself from the top of the ring, looking to him and growling.

"Go on, Hiccup! Give it to 'im!" One of the Vikings yelled.

The monstrous nightmare was a foot away from hiccup, hiccup holding the knife and the shield close to himself.

Hiccup dropped both items.

This was bad.

The Vikings got annoyed, you and Astrid leaning against the bars to watch it happen.

"Hey, it's okay. It's okay..." Hiccup said, before taking his Viking helmet off. "I'm not one of them."

Hiccup threw the helmet to the side.

"Stop the fight." Stoick stated, rising from his seat.

"No! I need you all to see this." Hiccup said, putting his hand up to the Stoker's snout. "They're not what we think they are. We don't have to kill them."

Stoick got up and grabbed his hammer, banging it on the metal which caused a dent.

"I said stop the fight!"

The monstrous nightmare got agitated, snapping its jaws at him.

"Hiccup!" Astrid yelled, grabbing an axe and waving you on.

Both you and her went under the cage, watching hiccup run from the monstrous nightmare.

"Hiccup!" You said, waving him on as Astrid hit the monstrous nightmare with a weapon.

This was going terribly.

The dragon fell and began to go for Astrid.

"This way!" Stoick said as he opened the cage door.

Astrid got there first as you were still trying to get Hiccup away from the dragon.

Hiccup and you tried to run there but the monstrous nightmare fired a blast which prevented you and hiccup from escaping.

It then pounded on the both of you, Hiccup trapped under one gigantic claw while you were trapped under the other.

"This is all your fault, Hiccup!" You said, the monstrous nightmare growling at you.

"Now is not the time!" Hiccup responded frantically.

The sound of two dragon roars could be heard.

Oh?