4. Gurukul

YAGYANI'S POV:

"Your parents were struggling for a child, they tried different medicines, and rituals, and visited many priests and experts but there was no result. No child for them. That's when they found me on their way back to the palace. I was in the forest on the outer skirts doing my meditation, they came to take my blessings and due to the indication of Maa Durga I got to know about their problem. Still, the only solution to it was to perform a Yagya myself so that they can get a boon of a child. The whole ritual was of twenty-one days. Daily the chanting and yagya would be done but nothing, no indication was there, that's when one day during meditation Maa Durga came into my view and said that a child would be given to them but it would not be a boy but a girl, she would have a fate destined beyond the usual boundaries. She though born as a girl would be stronger than any boy. She would be the Heir of the kingdom, she would bring luck to her parents and she would be the warrior her whole life. After that, I told all of that to your parents, who got concerned a little but eventually agreed wholeheartedly for a little goddess to bless their life. Within one month of completing the ritual, your mother became pregnant with you." 

Guruji turned towards me and I was seeing him with wide eyes trying to understand all that he was telling me. I knew he was a very highly respected, learned and expert man of our religion but I never knew that he could do so much, that due to his prayers, I was born or that he heard the words from Maa Durga herself. " Maa Durga told you all this herself Guruji?" I asked him shocked. 

"Yes Yagyani, this is the power of Maa Durga if she wants she can even choose you as her messenger." he smiled. "Also, as you were born from that Yagya's blessing, your name was kept Yagyani. What I was told led all of us to doubt or even fear what all could hold in future that you would have to fight that is the reason your parents and I want you to be strong and learn all that could help you in every situation, be it study, warfare or spirituality." 

I was staring at him. I don't know what to say, What does one reply to something like that? 

"Say something, my child. Are you okay?" He chuckled.

 I shook my head rapidly, " No, I am. but I am not. I mean.." 

"It's Okay,  Yagyani.  You will understand all this with time. Right now, just know that Maa Durga has decided big things for you in life and for that, you have to be ready, for which you have to come to Gurukul to complete your education and training."

"Maa and Pitaji know all this?"

"Yes, they do. They are the ones who wanted me to tell you all this myself. So, will come with me now?"

"I will, Guruji." I replied with the new found energy and confidence. If my parents want this all and are with me in it, I can do anything.

"Very good." He said in appreciation and I smiled brightly at him and went from there to find my mother. I'm very hungry.

---

"Yagyani, don't cry now. You have cried enough since last night child" Pitaji said taking me in his arms. "I won't send you if you don't want. I'll go and tell guruji right now, just don't cry you'll get sick." I hugged him tightly.

"No, Pitaji I will miss you both a lot that's why I'm crying but I will go and become strong like you after that I will not cry, promise."

My mother chuckled from behind me, "that means you will cry till then?" Pitaji also started laughing at me. I turned to glare at Maa, making a pout I crossed my arms in annoyance, " You both are bad, you are making fun of me."

"No, we are not. We trying to make you understand that if you have to do something in life, do it with happiness and strength, willfully, otherwise don't do it. You won't give it your hundred percent. Then, how will you become strong like your Pitaji, huh?"