9. Rituals

If you are liking the story till now, please vote on this and all the previous chapters, it will help me. Please. Also share the story with your friends if you like it. I request you.

Tell me if you want a playlist of this story, I have got it and will post it if you all want it.

RAJ'S POV:

"Dharya will you stop laughing now or not?" 

This man is getting on my nerves. The Mehendi function is going on in the palace, only women are allowed in the celebration hall and we both are here sneaking into the hall. Also, might I add he volunteered to come with me and was not forced by any means but now, at the level he is annoying me I will kill him by any means for sure.

"I can't help it, Raj. See how beautiful you look, I will fight Yuvranisa for you!"

"It was your idea, you idiot! Also, you are wearing the same clothes. What are you laughing at?" I whispered yelled at him.

Yes, he also suggested and forced me to wear this lehenga to sneak in here. I don't even know where he got these clothes from. The blouse didn't even fit so we are here trying to cover our whole upper body with the dupatta and hoping nobody notices us. 

"I should have never agreed to you. If I had entered the hall nobody would have stopped me, but I had to listen to the one person I shouldn't." 

"Then I wouldn't have gotten this site to look at, would I?" I glared at him and hid behind a curtain as I heard some people coming in this direction. 

"Hehehehe Yuvraj is so handsome, I wish I was his bride instead" Dharya started screeching in a shrill voice, trying to imitate a girl's voice I guessed.

"Stop it! What are you doing? Do you want to be known as the famous minister of Kirtigarh in a skirt?" 

His face looked like he had just seen a ghost, "I didn't think about it. What if that Naina sees me?"

"Oh, I would love to see that!" I saw some maids going from there as they looked at us weirdly and I hid my face in my dupatta a little more.

"Do whatever you want, but no, I'm not doing it. Thank you." He forced a smile and turned to run away from there leaving me behind.

"Shut up! You made me wear this, now you are coming with me. No discussions." I glared at him to intimidate him a little to which he whined and shut his eyes in frustration.

So, it all started when I told him that I wanted to see her again but now our haldi ceremony is done leading to me not being able to see her since I met her that day. I came here so I could just look at her once before the final ritual tomorrow, I know I wouldn't be able to speak to her but even a chance to see her would make my day a lot better.

After, escaping a lot of eyes we found a place a little far from the middle of the hall where she was sitting in the middle of her friends and mehendi artists who were applying mehendi to her hands and legs.

Folk performances were happening there and she was looking at them smiling when Naina said something in her ears making her laugh she was looking at her hands with so much amazement that you would think of her to still be that eight years old girl I feel in love with all those years ago. We were kids then, I didn't know love obviously, but now I know. All the excitement to talk to her, to get to know her, to get her whatever she likes, I started liking her since then. I never liked girls all that much in childhood, I used to run away from them and their doll talks but she was the one girl I found who wasn't interested in playing with the dolls, she wanted to play with the weapons. 

She is as delicate as a rose, as she is sharp as a sword and I would bleed for her either way.

Her eyes held so much strength as they held curiosity. The way she is always looking to learn something new, discover more about what this world is made of and still has all the courage to make her paths as well. She told me through her letters how in the place of all boys, she still managed to be there and also make a place for herself.