5

"That new stuff is a hit with the crowd," A merchant chuckled darkly as he landed his gaze on Kagerou who was sorting out a refill on the pills he requested. "Someone with your mind should be studied. To think you could figure out a drug with all the benefits and no consequences." 

"I'm not an idiot," He replied simply before handing over the small handheld chest filled with pills. "Get lost." 

"Still an asshole," He gruffed as he laid down the stack of money before leaving the hideout. Kagerou counted his money, confirming it before stashing it away in his seal. 

"Money is all that matters," He murmured as he turned to sort out the next batch for the rich and powerful. The Hidden Leaf and Sand were on his tail as well as Kumo. He had decided his next endeavor was to become someone the Hidden Leaf didn't want to end up in the wrong hands. 

An asset, it was only a matter of time before they found out it was him. Chakra rejuvenating pills. They were five times better than food pills as the compound was reworked to the extreme. It was based on the hundred healings Tsunade was developing. But in a pill form, one pill and you're healed from the inside out and have your chakra restored.

No blacklashes.

Which made it sound too good to be true. But Kagerou wasn't one to deliver defective products. He had a high reputation just from this product alone. Many people called him The Doctor. He was known as a highly-skilled medic for hire who dealt with anyone. Dealing with everyone meant that no one had a special privilege.

He had received intelligence that the Sannin was on his tail. Of course, they were, his research inlined with Hundred Healings. Or maybe it was a Hundred Healings but without the drawback. Well, he would know when they came. As he stacked up the next small chest he heard the doors open, he turned to the bar owner who looked nervous.

"Who is it?" Kagerou asked as he finished another chest.

"T-T-The Sannin," He stuttered. "They told me to ask you forward. They kicked out the other customers."

Kage sighed softly. There goes the rest of his money. Walking out the door until he can reach out to them again. He got up and took his glasses off. They weren't ordinary glasses, the medicine in the lens made them magnify any object that came into view.

Pills with imperfections were thrown out. They should be completely smooth, any chips meant they were damaged and could cause backlash since it wasn't the correct portions. "Alright let's see the bullshit."

When he walked to the front of the bar, he saw them before they saw him. They dressed casually but he could see they were on edge ready to fight. "You asked to see The Doctor."

When they turned to face him the realization made their eyes widen. It's only been 4 months and since Minato hasn't written him he's still in recovery or he's recovered and sought to leave their chapter unwritten. He hasn't changed much, his hair was just longer and in a man bun.

"You're the doctor?" Tsunade asked tentatively.

"Yes. Do you wish to place an order?" He asked as he pulled out a black book. "Our current stock is already spoken for but if it's a rush order I can only guarantee next month."

"This is your operation?"

It was Jiraiya who spoke up in disbelief. Kagerou sighed and snapped his book shut. "In our previous encounter, I told you I was a medic. This is within that field. Killing isn't the only way to earn money."

"That pill you made. How?"

"40 million," Was his response to Tsunade's question. "Formula and detailed steps included."

"You're willing to sell it?" Orochimaru seemed to be distrusting.

Kagerou shrugged. "I am an honest businessman. Reputation is something I pride myself on. And there is always a price for anything in this world."

Tsunade got irritated and grabbed the front of his clothing. "I don't need the formula. How did you complete it without backlash?"

Kagerou leaned down to her. It honestly made Tsunade uncomfortable but she was the one who grabbed him so she should bear the consequences. "When analyzing the ingredients you have to ensure they don't fight with each other. If not find an alternative or breed one by splicing the plants and roots."

"Once you eliminate that factor. Those ingredients play nice and can create the desired product. This isn't even just for those pills it can be for any medicine, poison, or pill."

Before she could ask any other question another shinobi entered. Wearing a sign for Kumo. Kagerou chuckled lowly. "Today's the day we all find me isn't it? I sure hope Suna doesn't pop up. That would be troublesome."

"You've garnered a lot of attention Doctor," The Kumo representative gazed at the Sannin. "Konoha doesn't send out their triple threat often. Your value has gone up, stay alive until we contact you again with a better offer."

"Noted," Kagerou tossed the representative a small chest. "A bit of incentive. On the house for my first official shinobi village."

The Kumo shinobi chuckled as he caught it. "I had come to test the product. Thank you and goodbye."

The shinobi disappeared before The Sannin could catch him. "Why did you give it to Kumo?" Jiraiya gritted his teeth.

Kagerou easily dislodged Tsunade's hand from his clothing. "I run a business. My business needs profit. Sometimes samples must be given out. It's all business."

His eyes were mocking them. "I'm a free agent. If you wish to deal in business I've already stated my offers. Depending on how many pills you require a price can be set. You can even get a sample."

"But-"

Kagerou started chuckling. "Don't tell me you expected us to be friends just because I saved Minato right? As I stated before. I was in the right place at the right time. Nothing more, nothing less."

"We want exclusivity," Orochimaru wasn't caught up in emotions like his other two partners.

"Buy the formula, there is a non-compete in that contract should you buy it. This isn't my only avenue, another gap is always found and needs filling," He smirked. "Maybe I can take a vacation before my other revenue stream takes form."

"We don't mean just the pill," Orochimaru folded his arms. "How much to buy your loyalty? Everything has a price right?"

Kagerou licked his lips. 'Right where I want you.'