9

Production went off without a hitch. It was a sight of beauty. Kagerou was slowly drinking in the satisfaction of the Hokage's frustration with his lack of assistants. He didn't need them because he had mastered the art of mass production. The Hokage's demands were light work for him. When he wasn't working he was taking care of Minato who had taken their relationship status and proudly proclaimed it to the villagers. 

Many were happy though for him because Minato was brighter around the village. There was one person who seemed upset with their relationship and that was Kushina Uzumaki. Kagerou had put his summons to the ground to gather information. They were spiders, they could hang around and nobody would notice. Kushina was the woman who swore up and down that Minato was secretly in love with her. That Kagerou was just a passing fling and that Minato wasn't gay. he chuckled a bit at her delusion but he felt pity for her. She was trapped in a seal and could only go so far in the village. 

He would do a favor and fit her with a stronger seal but he was just a 'fling'. He didn't like uplifting those who didn't have benefits to offer down the line. While he loved Minato it would not be easy to love him if he didn't have such big accomplishments coming down the line. His future husband being Hokage? Who wouldn't want to stay by his side through all of that? A war hero feared throughout the nation? Sign him up? He understood the appeal and he knew Kushina was thinking along those lines. 

If the future Hokage trusted her to the extent of marrying her then who could look down on her in the village despite being a Jinchuriki? He knew they had a close friendship and shared their little seals but he wondered if he could do something to cripple that relationship. If he was anything then he was logical. He knew that Minato was deep in his hero syndrome, he fell in love with Kagerou but even he knew Minato wasn't gay. If he hadn't interfered then Minato would have likely gotten with Kushina, they shared many interests and children were a factor since Minato expressed wanting to be a father. 

Kagerou had a solution for the baby situation that he would bring up, but for now, it was to deal with Kushina. He couldn't let her continue to ramble on about how close she and Minato were and that Kagerou was nothing but someone sweet for the moment. The only way to do that was to take over the interests Kushina shared with Minato. He's heard enough to know that he should start with Minato's genin team. Ironically they were all orphans, the Uchiha of the team even being shunned by his clan for his slip-ups and lack of serious ambition. 

Kagerou starts with Obito, the boy is rather interesting to start with. He was often late because he spent the time crying by the memorial stone. Kagerou ruffled his hair as the boy looked up surprised. "Kage?" Obito asked confused. 

Kagerou chuckled a bit as he crouched down to push Obito's goggles up to see his eyes. "Am I that famous?" 

"Minato-sensei won't stop bragging about you of course people know how you look," Obito smiled a bit. "I'm late again." 

"How about we get you some Dango and I take you to the meeting area?" He bribed and Obito luckily agreed. Kagerou held Obito's hand, interlocking their fingers. He knew each of those kids' quirks because Minato would always gush about them. Out of all of them, Kakashi would be the hardest to get through. Obito was easy, he wanted positive attention, reassurance in his shinobi abilities, and a strong male role model. Rin was by far the most balanced emotional so he knew he could get her with some medical techniques he could teach her. As for Obito, he was the easiest to sort out. 

If he was going to be involved with Minato like this for the long haul then his first Genin Team would hold a deep place in his heart. Better to be on proper footing. He got the dango for Obito and had him lead him to the training field. Obito immediately ran off to share his treats while Minato came over to Kagerou who seemed to be holding a share for him. "I had wondered why Obito was late this time, seems he was with you." 

Kagerou kept his voice low. "I know this isn't my place but you should talk to Obito more one on one. He was crying at the memorial stone." 

Minato froze a bit and gazed back at Obito who seemed to be happy sharing food with Rin and Kakashi. Kakashi was scolding him again but Obito brushed it off as always. He was grinning brightly and looking at it now Minato wondered how true of a smile he was showing. "I'll look into it a bit more. Thank you for telling me." 

Kagerou shrugged, handed over the dango, and went back home to continue his work. Minato turned back to his team. "Since Kagerou brought us a treat how about we take a break? Obito let's have a chat." 

Obito was nervous but Minato only smiled and ruffled his hair. "It's okay I'm not going to scold you. I just want to understand you. Kagerou told me why you're late, it's fine but dealing with it healthily is important."

It was a good start on Kagerou's end because Obito now stuck to him like glue when he wasn't with his team or in therapy. Kagerou could see Obito's growing interest in his work and decided that the outcast was the safe option in this village to take on as an assistant but not with his main projects for the village. That would have to wait until Minato was in the chair. Obito started his learning by entering the greenhouse and learning about each plant and its specific care needs. Kagerou led him into his first splicing and it was then Minato realized Obito's talent was based on studies rather than practical aspects. He was a theory learner before a practical one. 

Kagerou was the right type of medicine and even he could see that Obito came out of his stuttering. He wasn't flighty anymore, his smile seemed more natural and he was steadily coming along in training, even beating Kakashi on occasions and dominating Rin. He was extremely happy with Obito's growth. He enjoyed that Kagerou had taken to Obito because he knew Obito needed a positive role model that wasn't him. Someone who would mentor him personally. 

He kissed Kagerou one night surprising his lover. "Thank you for being so kind to Obito." 

"He just reminds me of my younger self," Kagerou murmured as he pulled Minato into his arms. "I am going to be with you forever so I should care about the people you care for." 

"Thank you," Minato kissed him again submitting to the other as Kagerou made him weak.