-When He Loved Me-

A/N: "When He Loved Me" Samantha Barks. (Some of the lyrics are in the chapter.)

Sophie's POV: 

Love is a complete mystery. Sometimes none of us will ever understand how it fully works. A feeling completely indescribable. It's so magical of what is does. It's warm, real, and bright. I got to experience true and real love for the first time in my life. But unfortunately, that feeling ended up breaking out in me. My life is a sad song.

A few days have passed since the breakup and I'm taking it the hardest today.

As I sat on my bed, holding Ella close to my chest, tears streamed down my face, leaving a trail of heartache in their wake. The soft blue elephant, with its worn-out fur and comforting presence, was the only solace I had in this moment of despair. Fitz's words echoed in my mind like a broken record, each syllable driving a dagger deeper into my already fractured heart.

The breakup had blindsided me, shattering the future I had envisioned with Fitz into a million irreparable pieces. His once soothing voice now felt like a sharp blade, cutting through the threads of our love. How could the person who once held my heart in his hands now be the one tearing it apart with his words?

Nothing will be the same again.

Hurt. Pain. Depression.

The three words describe my life, and my heartbreak. But I know that heartbreak can be deeper than those. A ton of tears were shed down my face and all I want is to not suffer anymore. Nothing is the same anymore nor it ever will be.

How could it when my heart lost him? Shattering into a million pieces, unknown if it will ever be put back together. The pain is making me think it won't.

When somebody loved me. Everything was beautiful.

When Fitz loved me before we got together, it was both rough and beautiful. I remember the first time I met him at the museum. It was the first time I truly understood myself, even though it was terrifying. Life when we were together was beautiful. We cherished each other, and those were better times. I loved all the heart flutters he gave me before everything changed. I felt happy and everything around me felt beautiful when I was loved by Fitz.

Every hour we spent together lives within my heart.

The memories of the time we spent together will always stay with me. I will never forget the good and the bad times we shared. Every laugh, every tear, and every secret we shared is cherished in my heart. The memories flashed before my eyes like a slideshow, each image a dagger to my fragile heart. The laughter we shared, the dreams we wove, the promises whispered in the darkness of the night—all shattered, scattered like shards of glass on the floor of my shattered heart.

And when he was sad. I was there to dry his tears.

We supported each other through our sadness, listening to each other with empathy, even though neither of us was an empath. There were times when he dried my tears, and times when I dried his.

Those moments were when we got back together after the Unmatchable situation and when the new test came about the Matchmakers. Clearly, it failed for us. After the breakup, I've cried more than I've ever had in the past. Tear after tear was shed down my face, and all I want is to not suffer anymore.

Fitz had been there for me in the past, wiping away my tears. But now, he's nowhere to be found and doesn't want anything to do with me.

And when he was happy, so was I. When he loved me.