9 - Seven Crimes and Punishments (Well, Not Really)

POV - PinkLeaf

No words could express how I was feeling at the moment. My head was spinning and it hurt. What was happening? Why was Bella here? I couldn't even speak, there was a lump in my throat. I was frozen in shock.

I knew there were people staring, and I hated the unwanted attention. People seriously can't mind their own business, but I guess I'm being a little hypocritical. Eavesdropping was something I did regularly. It's hard not to when there's people talking right next to you.

I took a second glimpse at Bella. She had a frown on her face, and her hair was all messed up. There were some scratches on her skin. Sabrina held a tight grip on one of her arms. It hurt just to look at. Why? I guess it was because... friendship. You're supposed to care for your friends, aren't you? That's how it works.

My thoughts were interrupted by Sabrina's words.

"Everyone except for PinkLeaf, please do me a favor. Can you please exit this area? This is private business," she said. Honestly, it was also doing me a favor, so I was half-thankful.

Her tone of voice was mostly sweet, but underneath it, was an intimidating one. The others immediately scattered to other places. However, out of the corner of my eye, I could see TanqR dash behind a pillar. Sneaky.

When the area was empty, I could only hear the sound of breathing. It was eerie. My heart thumped in my chest and I was shaking. Basically, I was anxious.

"I believe that you'd like to talk to your friend," Sabrina had a dark smile on her face. Then she pushed Bella towards me.

I quickly knelt down and grabbed her by the shoulders. "Bella! Are you ok?"

"Better than ever! Just got pinned down and restrained, that's all," she took a second to trace a finger over her arm, "Maybe some scratches here and there."

"That's good to hear... what the heck happened, though?"

"I should ask you. How did you get here unscathed?"

Sabrina walked over to us. "Because upon arrival, he didn't cuss me out and try to attack me."

"I don't care. Do you even know what it's like to have a friend?" Bella shot back.

"You will regret saying that," Sabrina's face darkened even more.

I wasn't getting very good vibes from this. In fact, my clothes suddenly felt uncomfortable and a shiver ran down my spine. Again, what the Hell was going on? No pun intended, if that even seemed like a pun. I was straight up confused. I couldn't think anymore.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, nervous.

"You will find out. After all, I plan involving you in the upcoming event."

Okay, that didn't sound good. In the worst scenario, I could walk out of here traumatized or half-dead. Hopefully that wouldn't happen... right? Oh, I think I might be getting into some really dark thoughts right now. That's what happens when you're around the ruler of Hell, hah.

Before I could open my mouth to speak, Sabrina was already dragging Bella away. She was thrashing around and yelling, but it did literally nothing. I wanted to run after them. My legs didn't cooperate, though. They were frozen in place.