•Warmth (HEX)•

So, for some reason I haven't been able to get myself to work on any of my WIPs. IDK why, but I feel like the sheer amount of angst may have something to do with it.

So instead, I wrote a dumb li'l HEX oneshot in like 45 minutes.

yea

writer's block is stupid.

Getting caught out in the rain: not fun. Getting caught out in the rain with no coats: even more not fun. Getting caught out in the rain with no coats and a ten minute run away from your house: do I even need to say it?

Despite the overall not-fun-ness of their situation, EX still shrieked with laughter as he and Hels sprinted across a large open field, failing any attempts to avoid the downpour, and only getting more wet from the tall grass surrounding them.

Needless to say, by the time they reached their house and were safely inside, the two of them were thoroughly soaked, and steam was rising off of Hels' hair. Even after changing into dry clothes, EX was still chilled to the bone.

"I'd put a fire in the fireplace," he said, collapsing onto the couch next to Hels, tired as well as cold, "but all the wood is outside. In the rain."

Hels raised an eyebrow, an amused smile on his face. "I thought you covered the wood pile."

"I did!" EX protested half-heartedly. "Wind blew the tarp off." He leaned against Hels' shoulder. "Can I cuddle with you? I'm cold."

Hels rolled his eyes with a laugh, but he wrapped his arms around EX, pulling him in. "Alright, come here you."

EX hummed something unintelligible in way of appreciation, and sank gratefully into the hug, leaning his head against Hels' chest. He could hear the other man's steady heartbeat as warmth began to seep back into his bones. It became an effort to keep his eyes open, so he didn't bother to, breathing deeply as he basked in the comfort.

"Did you fall asleep already?" Hels teased. "That's got to be a new record."

" 'm not asleep,"' EX murmured, "you're jus' warm." He giggled. "Like a marshmallow."

Hels shook with laughter and EX hugged him tighter. "Aw, you must be tired, you're talking stupid, again."

"Shut up," EX snickered. "You still love me."

Hels shifted and EX felt him kiss the top of his head.

"I know, I do."

What is this? Fluff? Fluff for real? No angst? Who am I and what have I done with the real Aries?