Her past

The next morning

The next morning

"Morning," Joe said handing me a cup of coffee. "Morning and thank you." I took the coffee and sip on it before setting it on my nightstand. "I had a nice time last night," he said and I smirked before kissing him. "Get up and shower I want to take you out for breakfast." He said as he left the bedroom. I showered and put some makeup before going downstairs.

 I showered and put some makeup before going downstairs

"You look beautiful." I smiled at his compliment. "Thank you, where did you want to go?" I asked him as he grabbed the keys to his rental. "You'll see." He said and I raised an eyebrow. We pulled up to a diner that was twenty minutes away from my house. "What a coincidence." I said as we sat in a booth.

"What?" He asked. "This is one of my favorite restaurants. When I was younger I took my sister here all the time." I said sliding into the booth. "I know, I called her and asked. At first she was explaining what she liked then she started talking about you." He sitting across from me. "Surprise me." "What do you mean?" "Surprise me. Let me know everything she told you."

I leaned against the table but he could start the waitress came over. We put our order in before the waiter left. "I'm waiting." "You want me to start with the embarrassing stuff?" He asked and I frowned. "Is it from my high school or my college days?" I asked. "Both." "I'm gonna kill her."

"Don't blame her. Your secrets are safe with me. I got you something." He said taking a jewelry box out of his pocket. "I feel this is tv when a guy gives a woman a gift after they slept with each other." I said taking the box from him. "It's nothing like that, just open." He said and I opened it.

" He said and I opened it

"It's beautiful." I took it out the box and admired it. I noticed it was engraved with today's date. "Why is it engraved with today's date?" I asked looking up at him. "I want you to be my girlfriend." I looked up at him a lil shock. "Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?" "I am." "Is that why today's date is engraved with today's date?" I asked. "Yes it is."

I smiled and got to sit next him. "Yes I would love to be your girlfriend." He smiled and leaned in for a kiss. I pulled away and continued admiring necklace. "You want me to put on for you?" He asked and I nodded. He clipped on as the waitress brought us our food. "On our first date you asked me why I was still single so I want to know why you're still single?" He asked and I frowned.

"Men suck that's why." I said playing with my food. "Who hurt you?" He asked and I smiled. "This really feels like a movie but...my first real relationship I was being manipulated and cheated on. My last relationship I was...being abused emotionally...and physically. It's been five years since I had a boyfriend." It went quiet none of us speaking or even moving.

"Is he-" "No he's in prison and I got a restraining order. That's why Colby and my brother are very protective over me. I've been in crappy relationships since I turned 18. And now I'm 34 and I want a family before it's too late." I pushed my plate away as he pulled me into a bone crushing hug. "Ow." "My bad." He mumbled releasing a bit.

"I promise you I will never hurt you in the way those men hurt you." "I hope you won't." I mumbled.