Out of the Dark/Into the Light

happy pride to all friends who celebrate! 🫶🏻 🌈 wishing you all a safe and fun pride day/month! ik this isn't a day on my usual update schedule bUT i wanted to post this anyways as a bonus :)

feat. ahsoka 

***

It was the start of a new month, and for some reason, Ahsoka was more nervous than he'd ever seen her. It was just June, just another month of the twelve in a year; what was so different about this one?

But Anakin figured she'd come and tell him what was on her mind in her own time, so he didn't press the matter.

He was right.

"Master?" Ahsoka asked a few hours later, as she shuffled into his room. "Do you have a minute?"

"Yeah, Snips," he smiled, glancing up from his paperwork "what's up?"

He'd guessed that whatever this was about, was likely something that meant a lot to her. So whenever she came and sought him out, he promised himself that he would give her his full attention.

"Um," the girl stammered, her head lowering. "I..."

Her unease was striking in both her posture and Force signature. Even with her head bowed, a blush was visible on her cheeks, and her arms were curled around herself defensively. Even when he'd first met her on Christophsis, she'd been so much more outgoing and confident.

"Master," she finally asked, "how would you... describe your hair?" 

Well. That wasn't what he'd been expecting. He almost laughed.

"Luscious? Silky? Smooth? Absolutely gorgeous?"

She shot him her trademarke unimpressed glare. She's been spending way too much time with Obi-Wan; he's rubbing off on her.

"No, I meant its, um, shape."

"... wavy...?"

Ahsoka seemed to be giving up on the hope he would give the answer she was looking for. "No! I mean, yes, but no! I was gonna say it's not straight! Like me, I'm... not straight."

Huh? 

Oh.

Oh.

The poor girl's mind was probably racing with anxieties and fears. 

"Oh, Ahsoka," Anakin whispered, crossing the small room in two quick steps. "You probably have so much running through your head right now, but don't worry, it's okay." 

She glanced up at him tentatively. "You're not mad?"

"Of course I'm not mad, Ahsoka. Why would I be? That's not easy to admit, and it takes a lot of bravery. I'm proud of you. Besides, I love my little sister for who she is, not who she loves. Who you choose to love makes no difference to me, you're still you." 

She tackled him in a side hug. "You have no idea how much that means, Master, thank you."

"Thank you for trusting me with such personal information, your secret will be safe." His arm wrapped around her shoulders as she spoke. "Do you know uh... which way you lean yet?"

"Um, no," she admitted bashfully. "I haven't figured that out yet, I just know that I'm not straight." 

"That's totally fine, it takes time to figure out. Go at your own pace," he answered, ruffling the little valley between her montrals affectionately. "But for now, that means I get to guess who you like! It'd better be someone worth your time. Is it... Eliza? Jaiyna? Evan? Matthew? Serena?" 

"Master!"

***

so like i said, happy pride yall!! this is my gift to u :) 

also is the ahsoka novel considered canon? cuz if it is, kaesoka would also be canon and i wrote this with that in mind as my inspo lol

much love!
- jazzy