Cant catch me now [Angst]

The thrum of rain pattering down on the trees, the echo of gunshots in the distance. Far, far away now. You - a songbird - safe from the snake that wanted to constrict around your gold wings.

Mud splashed up onto your dress, and your legs cramped. You can't give up now! He can't catch you now, your safe. One wise word your mother told you was that 'Us traitors never win' and she was right. It was either this or your blood spilled on the side of a mountain.

Faster now, your heart throbbing unbearably inside your spasming chest. Choking on ever breath you tuck, you still pushed on, practically blinded by the rain and hail littering the forest floor. Brontide & flashes of luminescent lightning rippled in the sky like the roots of a tree. A huge lump was in your throat, one so big you couldn't not swallow it. Every single movement you made, your body screamed at you to stop. Your heart told you to go back to Coriolanus, fall back into his arms and be loved once more, knowing one day he will pull the trigger on you. Your brain was the only thing convincing you to continue running.

And you definitely ran. Far, far away. Away from your true love. No long space bound, you could no longer be found.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A fist thumped against the train door as he drove off to his new life. "I will never forget you, my Y/N. Even if you no longer love me."