Chapter 1: Terry meets his 'Short Round'

We go back to where we left off as Terry was still at the town hall of Adventure City listing the people he knew needed rehabilitation.

Terry: (Thoughts) Okay. I managed to get their names with my facial recognition glasses. Soon enough, your games will be created. (Notices a child in the Southwest alleyway across the street.) Hmm. What is a child doing out there on his own? This is not a common occurrence.

Terry then goes closer to the Alley to find out what that child was doing. Terry knew that he should keep his distance for a while. Terry climbs up to the rooftops to get a better view of the Alley. Terry then looks down to see the child removing a tire off of someone's car. Terry decides to contact the Pups to let them know of the strange sight. Meanwhile at the Adventure City Lookout, the Teens were having a good time with the Pups by learning how to play Pup Pup Boogie. Then Ryder gets contact from Terry's watch. The 13-year old then tells everyone to stop the game as he answers the call.

Ryder: Hi, Terry. How is your player hunting going?

Terry: (Whispers) Listen, Ryder. I can't talk loud right now, but I want to let you know that I managed to find a few players. But I might come back to the Lookout a little later.

Chase: Why? Did something happen?

Terry: (Whispers) You could say that. When I was going through with filling my list, I spotted a young child in an Alleyway southwest of Adventure City Town Hall. However, I did not see anyone looking for him, so his parents might not be around to find him. But I also noticed something that was not common for a child to do. When I went to peak at the alley to see what was going on, I saw him using tools to remove a tire off of someone's car.

Rubble: Hmm. That doesn't seem right. Do you think that you might want to put him on your list?

Terry: (Whispers) I don't think so, Rubble. I would still need to establish or find the child's motivation before I could resort to that measure. Jigsaw and I don't prefer to test kids. But when we do put them in a game, we give them a better chance to survive. They still have a long life ahead of them, and John Kramer notices that just as much as I do.

Seth: I guess that makes sense. But still, why take someone's tire?

Terry then notices some thugs coming up to the child. He then realized that this was likely their car.

Terry: (Whispers) It looks like I am about to find out. I will get back to you in a moment. (Hangs up)

Then the 5 thugs get closer to the child, and their leader kicks him away with a lot of force.

Thug: What do you think you are doing, young blood?

The child did not answer. Instead, he runs up to the leader, and kicks him in the face, and then tried to strangle him with his left arm.

Thug 2: Woah. It looks like we got ourselves a fighter, boys.

Then the thugs tie the child to the wall after getting him off their leader.

Child: Release me right now.

Thug 3: You just made your last mistake. I admit you got guts, pal. But this is why you don't mess with criminals.

Then Terry decided to scare them after he suited up.

Terry: (Distorted) And perhaps messing with children is just as idiotic as well.

The thugs then turn to see Terry in the shadows wearing his armor and helmet.

Thug 4: Who are you supposed to be?

Instead of responding, Terry takes out one of his pistols from his right leg holster, and shoots Thug 5 in the left knee.

Thug 5: OWWW!