Why did it happen?

Warning: This chapter contains topics that could be seen as childhood traumas and bad memories.

Maya's childhood is discussed more and they open up more and more to each other.

Let me all know what you think again please!
I love reading and interacting with your thoughts and comments.

Don't forget to vote on this site for our favorite show!

https://www.change.org/p/save-station-19
(already more then 78.000 votes but we need more!)

[Pictures from pintrest]

But it was a good nervousness.
She was nervous about being in the same bed with Maya and it gave her some feeling, like little flies flying in her stomach.

When Maya came back she put a glass on the bedside table next to Carina and hers on her own.
She also turned on the night lights and turned off the main light before she also crawled under the blanket.

The first moment was a bit awkward.
They lay next to each other under the sheets and nothing was said immediately.

There was also a bit of tension in the air.
No negative vibe, rather the nervousness of both of them to lay there together in silence and enjoy this, but for the unknown of what would follow.

Until Carina suddenly burst out laughing, Maya looked at her in surprise.

"Sorry" she said, still laughing.
"I blame it on the drinks... and because I'm sooo nervous.
Climbing into bed with you with my big mouth and not saying a word anymore."

She actually felt super embarrassed, but with the alcohol still floating somewhere in her body she couldn't show herself.

"It's okay, it's actually cute" Maya blurted out giggling, feeling herself blush as the words had slipped out of her mouth.

But they did touch Carina to, a blush also appeared on her cheeks.

"Can you tell me about how your brother ended here from Italy?
You told me he was one of the reasons you stayed here..." Maya asked to focus on something else and break the silence.

"When my brother met his boyfriend, he was just about to move here.
Due to his sexual orientation, he also had to endure a lot of hatred and the agency where he worked collaborates with a department here and he had himself transferred to this place.
For them, it was also the advantage that someone here speaks fluent Italian for good communication.
My brother suggested he'd try long distance, with the thought and hope that maybe he would come back to Italy after a while.
But after many conversations and consultations, they decided to come here together.
My brother was especially hesitant about me, he didn't want to leave me alone in this environment, but I made it clear to him that I would make it.
I wanted to give him the happiness and love that he has, and that we have always missed from our parents.
At some point I even forced him to go, which may sound strange because he means so much to me, but I didn't want to be the reason that kept him here, far away from his deserved and true love."

"It is certainly not strange to push the person closest to your heart away from you just for his happiness.
He will certainly see it as that you did this for his happiness."

"Yes, at first he didn't like me pushing him away.
He first thought that I was hiding my feelings and thoughts from him and felt that when he left, things would not go well for me.
But we kept in touch daily, messages and facetime and that reassured him to see that I was okay too.
When I told him that I could do my final internship here, he was very happy and I was welcomed with open arms. And when I told him that I didn't want to leave anymore, he almost organized a village festival out of happiness," she chuckled.
"And take a look now... in the end I end up here, with him.
Now he is every day so grateful to be here with the two loves of his life" Carina smiled and Maya could see the real happiness radiate from her face.
"Do you have siblings?" she suddenly asked.