Chapter 27

Nadia's pov

Dean and I got to the grave site in a car we hijacked. Dean pulls up, driving to the Sargent's truck.

We see Sargent Phillips standing around. Dean parked the car, and we got out.

"Y'all looking for something? 'Cause I am. The bank in town just got robbed, turned into a real O.K. Corral type of deal. Big old shoot out," Sargent Phillips said.

"We heard about it," Dean said. "Mhmm-hmm. Shawnte, the clerk, recognized the perp's voice. She said, he sounded just like the fella that's been dating Athena," Sargent Phillips said.

"Is that so?" I asked. "We got prints back from the murder. They match prints from the bank. That boy's been busy. I already checked his place out, it's clean out, but I figured he ain't goin' nowhere without his best girl. So that's why I'm here. Why are you two here?" Sargent Phillips asked.

"Same thing. Trying to get the bad guy with my best girl," Dean said, looking at me. "Where's your badge, Sarge?" I asked.

"I don't need one. This is family business," Sargent said. "Well, I should tell ya. My wife and I are not taking him alive," Dean said.

"Neither am I," Sargent said. "Alright then. Just aim for the head," Dean said.

Sargent looked at us like we're crazy.
Dean walks by him.

Sargent looks at me, "Is he serious?" he asked. "Trust us. Shoot the head," I said, looking at him.

I walked passed him. We started looking around the grave site with flashlights.

I heard rustling, Sargent held his gun up. "What the hell?" Sargent asked.

"Come on," Dean said. We keep following the sound and looking around.

We walked around a tall tomb, and we heard the rustling again. "Shh," I whispered.

"What?" Sargent asked. "You wait right here. We're gonna flush him out. Nadia," Dean said.

Sargent nodded as Dean and I walked ahead. Owls hooting in the background.

I hear rumblings. "Dean," I whispered. Dean stops and we hear a scream.

I turned around as I saw Sargent going underground. "Sarge!" Dean said.

Dean and I looked down at the giant hole. "That's a big hole," Dean said.

"Well, it ain't no graboid that's for sure," I said. "The hell. Looks like we're going down there," Dean said.

We got down on the ground. Dean tries to get in the hole but gets up.

"Nope, don't wanna..," Dean paused as I shoved him in the hole. Dean grunted, spitting.

"Nadia Roussell Winchester!" Dean yelled. "Don't be a wuss," I said, getting in the hole.

Dean and I crawled inside. Dean sputters as he gets dirt in his mouth.

"Move it," I said, pushing him. Dean keeps crawling.

"Yeah, sure. Come to Dodge City. We'll have some laughs," Dean said, forced to laugh. "Hey, you wanted to come out here for a little trip. Remember that?" I said.

"Don't remind me," Dean said. We continued to crawl to get to the sergeant.

---

We've been crawling on the ground for a few minutes. "Anything, Dean?" I asked.

"I see the lights," Dean said. "Good," I said.

Dean pushes the door open, as we're inside the Mortuary. Dean pushes the door all the way.