1st Year: Chapter Four

Florean Fortescue's Ice-Cream Parlour smelt amazing when they entered. It smelt so fresh and appetising that Harry and Luella's stomach grumbled in unison. They both laughed and waited in line as they decided what they wanted. A pair of ginger twins was currently in front of them, giving off their order. But they sighed and one of them stated.

"Nevermind, mum didn't give us enough money."

They walked away sadly and sat at a table where a black boy was already sitting and eating. Luella frowned and when it was their go, she spoke.

"Hi, could we please have one strawberry cone and one chocolate cone, please?"

The man behind the counter nodded and said the price. And as Luella and Harry pulled out some money, they got some extra and Harry added.

"We'll pay for theirs too."

The man smiled and got to work on their ice cream. He gave them it when he was done and worked on the twins' order as Luella and Harry sat at a table with two seats.

As they ate their ice cream and talked, the twins from earlier walked up to them.

"We'd like to thank you for paying for our ice cream."

"You didn't have to, but we really appreciated it."

Luella smiled at them and spoke as Harry had a mouthful of ice cream.

"It's alright. We just couldn't let you miss out on ice cream in this hot weather. I'm Luella by the way, and this is Harry."

Harry waved and smiled awkwardly at them. They greeted back.

"I'm Fred."

"And I'm George."

Luella noticed the subtle mischievous smirks on their faces and chuckled before correcting them.

"Actually. I think you're Fred, and you're George."

She pointed at them and watched as their mouths dropped and eyes widened. Fred asked in disbelief.

"How did you do that?"

George added.

"Yeah, no one other than two of our older brother's and father can tell us apart. Not even our own mother can."

What kind of mother can't even tell apart her own children? I get that they're identical twins. But still.

Luella frowned at that and explained.

"Well, I noticed you had slight smirks on your faces and gathered that you were trying to trick me. And that's sad, your mother especially should be able to tell you apart. You're her kids."

George shrugged and uttered.

"We're used to it."

That's just sad.

Luella smiled sadly and tried to brighten their spirits.

"I'm sorry. You shouldn't have to be used to it. At least you can add me to the list of people that can tell you apart."

Harry inputted with a smile.

"And me. I can easily tell you apart too."

Fred and George looked grateful and Luella noticed that their ice cream was melting.

"You should probably eat your ice cream, it's beginning to melt. And your friend looks impatient."

Fred and George immediately started eating their ice cream and and before they went back to their friend, Lee Jordan, Fred asked.