Part 3:Battle for Alnus Hill pt2

The Eldians managed to gain the upper hand as they fired volley after volley into the enemy ranks.

Commander: Fire!!

In the reserves, two recruits bicker about their equipment.

Recruit: Dammit... I wanted to have the ODM Gear!
Recruit 2: Yeah! But the anti-personnel gear works best!

Veteran: Fools

Recruit: What did you say?!

The veteran turns to the two.

Veteran: Then, let me elaborate on why.
One: Do you see any tree or rock high enough for us to use the gear?
Two:We don't know what the enemy is capable of, so fighting at our full strength may lead to disastrous consequences. And if we do lose in a battle, the enemy would learn how to make and use the gear should it fall into their hands!
Recruit 1&2: ...
Veteran: Exactly, if it were a town or a city, then we could use the gears freely. But this battle we're in is an OPEN FIELD, YOU DAMN ROOKIES!

Satoshi: Calm now, we are a unit. And units don't fight or argue with others

Veteran: G-General!

Satoshi: *Glares at the veteran, then at the recruits* He's right, this hill and the fields around it are open. No rock or tree that can be suitable for ODM or Anti-Personnel gear...

Veteran: S-See?

Although the veteran doesn't show it. Satoshi is someone who shouldn't be messed with.

Recruits: *Gulps*

Hearing the sounds of battle already going in their favor, Satoshi hurries to rally whatever reinforcements he can muster.

Recruit: H-Hey, Sir..
Veteran: Yeah...?
Recruit: Mind telling us about why we must respect Satoshi Ackerman this much...?
Veteran: You really want to know?
Recruits: *Nods*
Veteran: ... Well...

The recruits listen carefully.

Veteran: At a young age, he was taught the art of war. When he was 15... he became a lieutenant within only 4 months in the army... then at 20... he was granted the title of Grand General...
Meaning that when he was your ages... he already commanded the entire Eldian Army...
Recruit: *Gulps* So... he's this serious?
Veteran: Yeah... just don't tell him his son is here
Recruits: What!?

Back in the battlefield, Satoshi rallied the reinforcements in the form of a cavalry charge

Satoshi:Now!

The cavalry men charged, causing the scattered ranks of the enemy to be encircled in separate groups.

Allied kingdoms pov

Duran:This battle isn't going in our favor...

He curses as he realizes the enemy is cunning. They aren't the regular barbarians that the emperor wanted them to know. They are trained and professional soldiers with a thirst for vengeance

Duran:All forces, try and commence a breakout of the encirclements!

Seeing what Duran's men are doing. The other allied forces also broke free from their own encirclements as the battle came to an end as the casualties spoke for itself.

First battle of Alnus Hill

Eldian Casualties:4,000 dead
500 wounded

Allied kingdoms casualties:8,000 dead
1,000 wounded

Back at the allied kingdoms encampment. The surviving lords and king recouperate and discuss a new form of strategy

Lord: What the hell was that!? They weren't barbarians at all!
Lord 2: To make matters even worse, Duke Ligu of the League Principality and the king of Mudwan are dead!
King of Alguna: We need to recouperate and go for another wave! This time, we do it with 40,000 men!