Part 5:Preparations (Prelude to Italica)

As the day rose, Eldian scouts scoured the entire village that was burnt by the Saderrans the previous night. In the end, they found nothing but ashes and burnt homes.

Soldier: By the foundations that are all around here... most definitely over 600 lived here...
Soldier 2: We should get back to Alnus and inform the general.
Nate: Agreed, pack up, and--

Scout 3: HEY! I GOT A SURVIVOR HERE!

Eldians:!

They rush to the scout and look in the well.

Nate: Get me down there! That's a survivor!

He yells as the soldiers tie him by the waist and lower him into the well.

Nate: She's unconscious! Once I'm back up, get a field medic to see her condition!

Nate carries the survivor as he gets mesmerized by her beauty.

Nate: My, my... she's a beauty... and an elf on top of that...

He gets out of the well, and the field medic checks her vitals

Medic: It's nothing too serious. She just needs warm clothes... I need a pair of scissors.

They immediately hand over the scissors while Nate decides to just look away, his face already becoming a red mess.

Soldier: First time about to see a naked girl?

The group teases as they manage to give the elf a spare set of clothes.

Nate: Shut up...

They then return to the village to see if the elf can stay there, even though the village are full of humans.

Village chief: No... there's nothing we can do for the elf...
Nate: Why is that?
Village Chief: If the Saderrans are already using Scorched Earth tactics... then... we must escape their clutches...
Nate: You're leaving?
Village Chief: *Nods his head* You brought the war to this area. As nomadic people, we must find somewhere more neutral...
Nate: I understand... village comes first, right?
Village chief: Yes, the village is a priority to me... but... most of us have nowhere to go...
Nate: ... Why not be under our protection?
Village chief: No... that's too generous of you... we will be nothing more than a hindrance to your campaign...

After having a chat with the chief of Koda, Nate decided that the elf would go with them to Alnus.

Nate: That's the plan... we will take the elf with us to Alnus. That way, Father can have some more information on the enemy... if she does have that information...