17 Dinner

I received strange stares as soon as I stepped into the extravagantly-decorated lobby. It could be because I was still clad in my school uniform or because of the two big men on my sides.

The mild but sweet scent of the lobby filled my nostrils, making my muscles relax and my mind feel at ease. I shook my head. I need to snap out of it. Now's not the time to relax!

We walked to the corner of the lobby, where a man with slickback hair, in a crisp, light grey suit was seated, legs crossed neatly. When he stood up, I couldn't hide my disbelief.

"Idol boy?" I blurted out.

He tilted his head to the side, smirking. "Idol boy? You think I'm hot, don't you?"

I scoffed, annoyed. "You, brought me here?"

He straightened his suit, his expression still the same. "Yeah, because you wouldn't speak to me at school."

"Gee, I wonder why," I replied, voice dripping full of sarcasm.

He held out a hand toward me, "Come, let's talk upstairs."

I stared at his open palm, wondering what he wanted me to do with it. Did he really expect me to take it and just go along with him? And what did he mean upstairs? Was he going to force me into a room with him to do the deed? Just how cheap did he think I was!

He sighed. Then, he nodded his head towards the two burly men and again, they grabbed me. I protested, fighting back, despite the concerned stares I was receiving. Idol boy walked ahead and they followed behind.

We entered an elevator and headed to the top floor. Even the elevator was ornately designed to fit the concept of the hotel lobby.

"Why are you doing this? Where are you taking me?" I asked, trying to find some clues as to why he would do this.

A thousand questions were running through my mind. Who was he and how could he, a mere high schooler afford to be in a place such as Zignell?

He chuckled. "You'll see."

"Well, can you at least tell your goons to let me go," I tried to bargain.

Idol boy looked over his shoulder, staring down at the hands that gripped my arms. "Nah."

Once the elevator doors opened, he quickly stepped out and stopped in front of large double doors, with intricate gold designs. Everything about it screamed "filthy rich" and I gulped, feeling intimidated by the aura.

There was a lady dressed standing behind a podium in a crisp black suit, with her hair pulled back in a neat bun. The receptionist greeted Idol Boy with a wide, plastic smile, bowing slightly towards him.

"I have a reservation. Lee Sang Wook," said Idol Boy.

Lee Sang Wook? That did seem familiar. Oh well, I was never good with names, especially people I don't care about!

"Ah, yes. Mr Lee Sang Wook, reservation for two," she read from the tablet on her podium.

She gestured to the double doors, as it slowly swung open, with the plastic smile still plastered on her face. I peeked inside and saw high ceilings with bright lights and more luxurious decor.

My eyes almost popped out of its sockets. I was no stranger to fine-dining restaurants, having dined at a few when I was younger. But this setup was really, really fancy.

Her eyes briefly met mine and in an instant, her smile faltered, as she looked me up and down. She frowned, stepping in front of Idol Boy, aka Sang Wook.

"Wait," she said, her eyes darting towards me, who was still held by the two men. She gestured in my direction. "Is this young lady with you, sir?"

Sang Wook glanced over his shoulder before looking back at her. "Yes, she's my guest. Is there a problem?"