paparazzi

I watched as Ava picked up both our bowls and placed them in the sink. "do you think of anything you want to do today yet?" I asked her. She leaned against the counter and stared down at her feet, thinking for a moment. "How about we just go shopping or something..? And then we can go and get some food." She looked at me smiling.

"Sure, of course baby." I stood up and wrapped my arms around her waist giving her a big hug. "you have anything else you have to do before we leave." she shook her head 'no' as I left soft kisses on her shoulder. "okay then lets go." I let go of her, turning around and grabbing my car keys. I saw slightly behind me her giggle excitedly as we began walking out the door.

I opened the car door for her like I always do before hopping in on my side. I started the engine loving the sound of it roar to life. Ava stared at me admiring the expression the car left on my face. I pulled out of the driveway and made my way down the street. 

"so what store did you want to go to?" She looked over at me and thought for a moment. "We can go wherever you want Billie." I nodded and thought for a minute. There weren't a lot of places I could go without being noticed. The only place I could possibly go to, was this thrift shop where I got all the random shit that I have. I just hesitated on that thought because I didn't want to take her somewhere cheap like that. Maybe I could just try my best to hide myself, which is not an easy thing to do because of my green roots.

"Are you okay Billie?" She broke me out of my trance and I snapped my head towards her. I didn't realize how long I was spaced out for. "uh, yeah, I was just thinking." she said a small 'okay' and looked back out the window. I moved my hand to her thigh and rested on her gently. Maybe I would take her somewhere nice, she deserved it, besides, I'll just hide myself the best I can, no one will see me.

A few minutes went by and we pulled up to this nice urban clothing store. I watched the smile on Ava's face spread as she stepped out of the car. I stayed in for another minute trying to adjust myself. I pulled my hood up as much as I could, and put on my pair of glasses that took up a good amount of my face.

"Billie you coming?" she said through the window. I opened the door and stepped outside, reaching for her hand as we entered the store. I could sense her staring at me as we walked in, so I looked over at her. "We didn't have to come here you know, I didn't care where we went, but I don't want you to feel uncomfortable." Her sweetness pulled at my heart, but I wanted her to be happy and I wanted to spoil her. "I want you to feel good, you can buy whatever you want, its my thank you." I said to her reassuring her it was fine.

she hesitantly looked away, beginning to look at the clothes all around us. I would randomly look around making sure no one was staring at me. As we looked through some stuff we would joke about some of the articles of clothing holding it up to ourselves, sometimes laughing at how ridiculous some looked. Every once in awhile Ava would go and try something on, making me judge it. Almost every time I said she looked perfect in whatever outfit she was trying on. I wasn't lying though, she always looked perfect.

It was turning out to be a really good experience so far, I really enjoyed her company, it distracted me from my other thoughts. I began to feel more and more comfortable until I saw someone awkwardly staring at me. I tried to avoid eye contact, trying my best not to be recognized. They eventually walked away making me feel a little more relaxed.

I looked back over to Ava who finished looking through a pile of clothes. She sighed and walked towards me. "hey, you know I think this store has drinks and snacks and stuff at the back, do you wanna go get some?" She smiled brightly at me like a child, so cute. "Of course baby." I smiled back at her while grabbing her hand. We walked to the back of the store where they had a few small tables, a snack bar, and a slushie machine. Ava giggled excitedly as she grabbed a cup for the slushie machine. I did the same as we both filled up our cups.