Chapter I: Possessive Issues

The boy awakens and finds himself in a wooden abode of some sort, there are no decorations, and no trace of personalization. He leans forward, positioning himself upright in the bed he's laying in, his right arm pulses with pain as he realizes its been bandaged completely. He leaves the bed, looking for whoever or whatever helped him. As he approaches the door to leave, he hears a voice from behind him.

???: "I don't think you should be moving so soon"

He turns around to find a young girl around the same age as him, if not a little younger, standing there.

The Boy: "Who are you?"

???: "Don't you think there's something you should say before asking such questions?"

The Boy: "..."

The Boy: "Thank you... for saving me"

???: "Your welcome, My name is Lua, and you?"

Reluctant to speak, but feeling obligated to, he responds:

"Xon, my name is Xon."

Lua: "I see, well Xon, I cant let you leave until your fully healed."

Xon: "I don't have time to stay here and rest, i have to go."

Xon turns around to leave, but Lua grabs him by his shoulder and turns him back around.

Xon: "..."

Lua: "Stay, please."

Xon notices a change in her tone, and also looks at her properly, she's a young girl with shoulder length light blue hair and purple eyes, she's wearing what looks like leather training armor, clearly worn down.

Xon: "Fine, i'll stay until i heal."

Her gaze softens, she turns away and enters another room, Xon returns to the bed he awoke in, and rests. He hears whispers that arouse his curiosity, he gets out of bed and puts his ear against the door she entered.

???: "I can feel an absurd amount of resonant power in that brat, you need to keep him around as long as possible!"

Lua: "I dont want to, he seems nice, you cant hurt him..."

???: "It doesn't matter! If i can get that boy, We can say goodbye to each other forever!"

Lua: "Forever?.."

???: "Yes, You'll finally rid yourself of me, and i'll rid myself of you."

Lua: "..."

Lua: "Fine, i'll do it."

Xon hears footsteps start towards the door and silently hurries back to the bed, Lua exits the room alone, her eyes glowing an ominous shade of red, she leaves the building, and Xon falls asleep by mistake.

When Xon wakes up from his sleep, he finds himself hovering in an abyssal void of some sort. Just as he properly opens his eyes, he feels something grab his shoulder, it turns him around and throws him away from itself, while floating away from the figure, he sees a tall man with short red hair and golden colored eyes that glistened brightly, he wore a fully gold set of plated armor that uniquely featured lots of gaps and cracked plates. As Xon's consciousness began to fade, the figure throws a sword at him that impales him through his chest.

???: "Go to hell."

Xon jolts awake and springs himself upwards, simultaneously head butting Lua, who was peering over him.

Lua: "oww, what the heck is wrong with you!"

Xon: "sorry, i had... a weird dream"

Lua: "whatever, i gathered some medicinal herbs together, they should help with your recovery."

She walks over to a countertop and grinds together the medicinal herbs into a paste of some sort, she returns and hands it to Xon, which he drinks without second thought.

Lua: "Wow, i'm surprised you drank it so willingly."

Xon: "Why wouldn't I?-"

Xon halts as he remembers what he heard before he slept.

Lua: "I know you overheard me earlier."

Xon: "What? I don't know what your talking about"

Lua: "You suck at sneaking around, anyways, I guess i should explain."

Lua ties her hair back into a ponytail, and begins her explanation.

Lua: "When I was younger, I accidentally wandered into an abandoned village. I never had parents or anyone who cared and looked after me. It was at that village where I found a *wisp, which are usually harmless, but not this one. The wisp I encountered was a wisp formed by the abundance of human emotion, the specific emotion that formed this wisp was betrayal. The wisps name is Seven, I have no idea where it came from but it attempted to take over my body and control me. For some reason, I stayed in control of myself, and it seems it can only posses me when I go to sleep. It can manifest itself vaguely every now and then."

Xon: "So your possessed?"

Lua: "Yea, pretty much, it sucks, and for some reason, its interested in you now, I'm telling you this because I want-, no, I need your help."

Lua's lets out a sigh as her head pulsates with a short, but sharp pain.

Xon: "Your eyes, they turned red for a second."

Lua: "I guess that happens when Seven tries to take control."

After a moment of silence, Xon gets out of the bed, and stretches his body, faintly feeling the sensation of his arm again.

Xon: "Alright, I'll help you, but in return, you'll have to adventure with me for a while."

Lua: "Deal."

They shake hands, then Xon passes out on the floor.