Chapter VIII: Memoria

The cloaked figure turns around and runs backwards towards the exit, seeming to leave. The guards attempt to give chase but Marc instructs them to let them go.

Marc: "Xon, did you know that person?"

Xon: "Yeah, an old friend of mine."

Marc disperses the guards, telling them to be on alert in case they didn't actually leave, he walks up to Xon and puts his hand on his shoulder.

Marc: "Y'know, I can read everything from that cold glare in your eyes."

Marc: "How'd it go? Did he tell you what you wanted?"

Xon: "Yeah, I guess I'll be leaving soon."

???: "Finally."

Xon drops to his knees and coughs blood, his consciousness betraying him. He falls down upon his back and through his blurry vision, he see's Marc and Vel crowd around him until he blacks out.

Xon finds himself in dark void, a feeling of nostalgia rushes into him.

Xon: "Where am I?"

???: "Home, you've known this place longer than you've known yourself."

Xon: "I barely know myself, so your point doesn't hold up well."

???: "It'd do you well to remember everything."

Xon hears a snap before the void subsides, revealing the rich scenery of a throne room, a man resides alone on the throne, seemingly waiting. As if to prove him right, a young man bursts through the upper wall and lands near him, seemingly completely unaware of his presence. Before he could explore his surroundings the man on the throne whirls a scythe at the young man, slashing his chest, before dismounting his throne and walking closer. The young mans eyes brim with an insurmountable amount of hatred. Xon was partially paralyzed just from feeling it.

Xon: "What is this?.."

???: "Its the past, but it's not how things will go for you. Did you not question the feeling of nostalgia when you arrived here?"

The void encroaches.

???: "The stronger you get the more you'll learn. Whatever you do, don't make the same mistake I did."

Xons head aches briefly before another scene arrives, its the same young man walking upon the clouds. he encounters a young woman who reacts little to him compared to the people around them, he takes a mask off his hip and shows it to her, she nods her head in denial and he walks away.

???: "Don't take the cracked crown."

Xon: "What crown? Why should I listen to you?"

???: "Don't give them mercy."

Xon: "Give who mercy? Why not? Explain!"

???: "...You have a new curse to bear."

The void shatters, revealing Xons unconscious body in a body of grass, a dimly lit halo hanging above his head. After seeing this, Xons head aches violently, his eyes close against his will and he regains consciousness, in the same patch of grass he just saw.

???: "Save Her."

Xon eyes jolt awake. The smell of the grass, the feeling of blood rushing through his veins, and the beating of his heart, the confusion in his spirit, everything enhanced tenfold by the newfound halo above his head. Xon looks around, he's not in Khameia, and its also night.