1. CRUELTY

CRUELTY

The screen lit up to show this in big wide letters. Everyone was now focused on the screen shining with these letters.

" KYAAA!!! We're going to begin Iguro San. I am so excited ." Kanroji squealed to Iguro sitting next to her as Iguro just nodded along, happy to see her happy.

The screen faded to black, and loud panting was heard. It showed someone walking through heavy snowfall. The wind was loud, and after a few seconds, two faces appeared. Tanjiro, carrying a bloody Nezuko on his back.

"Huh, What kind of starting is that ? Very unflashy, I must say." Uzui commented on the scene being shown.

" Shut up Uzui. No one that I remember asked for your opinion." Spat Sanemi.

His thoughts were shown to everyone.

How? How in the world could something like this happen? Come on Nezuko I've got you, don't die on me. No matter what it takes! I'll save you. I won't let you die. I promise I'll save you. Your big brother's got you. Tanjiro thought.

Everyone looked at the siblings with sympathy, a little confused to what exactly was being shown and how did the situation end up like this while a certain blue eyed Hashira felt guilt for not arriving earlier.

" These were my thoughts !! I didn't say anything. This thing is showing my thoughts too. " Tanjiro shouted.

" Why are we watching this child's life ? I thought we were going to watch something about our enemies. " Stated Iguro.

" I agree " Said Sanemi.

It zoomed out, showing what a long journey he had ahead. Then the scenery changed. Tanjiro was getting ready to leave. He put on a giant basket filled with charcoal; his hair was much longer, too.

Tanjiro's mom walked over to him. She wore a white apron that covered her checkered kimono, "Tanjiro. Your face is covered in soot. Let me clean you up. You know you really don't have to go, all this snow could be dangerous."

Despite his mother's worry, he responded swiftly, "I want us to have a good New Year's celebration. Where everyone can eat as much as they want. So, I'll sell all the charcoal I can."

" Wow you are a good kid Tanjiro." Acknowledged Oyakata.

" Yes, and very cute too." Said Kanroji complimenting the boy while a certain ravenhead just glared at the said boy.

" I agree." Chimed in Rengoku.

" Thank You " Tanjiro replied with a strained smile after all the boy was still not over grieving his family. This screening is overwhelming him, seeing his dead family, alive and happy after 2 years. That is when a hand holds his, he looks up to see Nezuko smiling at him.

"How thoughtful," His mother responded. A warm smile was on her face.

" So is this how a mother would treat their kid, looks good. " Thought Inosuke, Zenitsu and Kanao all at the same time.

Their silence was interrupted by Tanjiro's siblings running up to them, "Hey, bro. Are you going to town again today?"

"I'm coming with you," His sister said. At that moment, another Kamado walked from behind the house.

" Ohh, you also have siblings ?" Asked Shinobu, now cuddled up to Kanae.

Tanjiro not knowing how to reply, just smiled at her.

"No, you're not," Kie said, "You know you can't walk as fast as Tanjiro, sweetie.

"Aw, come on mom," Shigeru cried.