Chapter 19

I sat on the ground and admired the snow. The storm lasted two days and now it finally calm down. The growned was covered in snow. The trees to. It looked beautiful. I wonder. I used my speed power and everything aeound me stopped. I felt like I was walking. The snow stopped in its place and the scene in front of me looked amazing. I stopped and everything went back to normal.

The warriors were training and no sign of Garroth anywhere. Cain was busy working in his office and I noticed the team sent from the elders always watch me. The team is called Veron. I found them weird cause there waa always two of them following me and watching me. I spotted the two and growled. "Why are you watching me?" I growled. This caught the warriors attention.

Jaxon walked towards me and looked at the two Verons. "Whats wrong Ela?" He asked. I pointed to the Verons.

"There is always two of them following me. Watching my every move. I want to know why." I said in my Luna voice. Jaxon gestured for them to come towards us. They stood in fron tof me and I growled.

"Hello Luna Elara. Im Zayn and this is Harry. We were assjgned to keep and eye on you. To make sure you stay safe." Zayn said.

"Who's order?" I asked. They looked at each other.

"The elders." They both said.

"I dont need protecting." I said.

"We know. The elders did this to try and thank you for saving their lives. They thought keeping you safe would be a thanks." Harry said.

I looked at him confused. "You jumoed in front of Ashton and Vincent to protect them from Garroth." Shuri reminded me.

"Well you can tell the elders that I dont need protecting. We need you to guard the borders." I said. They nodded and left.

"Do you need anything?" Jaxon asked. I looked aeound and my eyes landed on the hill that stood out. Jaxon followed my gaze.

"Two Verons and two of our warriors. I want the stationed there. It looks over the house and half the territory." I said. Jaxon nodded and left. I went inside started to feel cold.

I walked in to find Lucky and Kion watching tv. I walked to them and sat next to them. They snuggled up to me and I laughed. "How you guys doing?" I asked.

"We are bored." Lucky said.

"Why dont you play in the game room?" I asked.

"No. We want to help but everyone said we were to young." Kion said.

"You cant. What we are dealing with is dangerous." I said. Kion rolled his eyes.

"We helped back home. We want to help here too." Lucky said. I looked at the tv and they were watching seven deadly sins. They were werecats and pure bred too. "They only get their new abilities when they turn twenty. Yours rook long cause you only shifted when you were twenty." Shuri explained.

"Lets do this. You can help by keeping and eye out for danger. If its a rogue then you can fight. If its Garroth you run back to tell us. But you have to be with the Verons." I said. They smiled and hugged me.

"Thank you!" They both said in exxitement and ran out to go help. I spotted Cain in the doorway.

"You really put kids to work?" He questioned and sat next to me.

"If they grew up protecting their loved ones it will hurt their pride if they just had to sit around. Let them do what they know." I said. Cain pulled me in for a kiss.

"You are amazing and considerate. Our baby should be like you." Cain said and I laughed.

"Yes but the baby must be strong too." I said. We changed the show and Cain and I spent the day together.

***

A month later

Another month passed and more snow fell. No sign of Garroth and the baby bump got bigger everyday. I was sitting in the game room with Joshua playing game on the xbox. It was a one on one game and I was winning.

"No! Come on!" Joshua yelled at his character. I smirked and he lost. He pouted and I laughed. "Tou cheated somehow." He said and I laughed.

"Dont be a baby." I said. He groaned in defeat. "Wanna play again?" I asked.

"Your on." He said and we started again. In thirty minutes, I won again. Joshua gave up and went to get some snacks. Emma and Stan were playing on the hockey table and Andy and Bella were playing ping pong. Jaxon walked in with Joshua and they had snacks with them. They put it on the table and I started eating.

"Hey guys. So who is winning it wwe?" Jaxon asked. Oh thats what it was.

Joshua pouted and I let out a small laugh. "I dont want to talk about it." Joshua said and everyone laughed. Jaxon looked confused.

"Josh has been losing to Ela for the past ten rounds." Emma said. Jaxon chuckled and Josh pouted.

"Let me go against Ela." Jaxon said and fot the controller. We played about seven rounds and I won all of them. Jaxon growled in frustration. "How? I am the champion in this game." Jaxon said

"Looks like there it a new champion." Stan said. Cain walked in and threw himself on the sofa next to me. He let out a sigh and closed his eyes. Everyone went back to what they were dping and Jaxon played with Joshua.

"You look tired. Lets get you to bed." I said. Cain looked at me and smiled.

"No. Im fine. You continue playing." Cain said. I snuggled up to him and he chuckled. "Or this is fine." He said.

I watched as Jaxon beat Joshua and he finally gave up. Bella started to play with Jaxon and Joshua played ping pong with Andy. I wish things could stay like this forever.