chapter⁴³

gold

gold

a/n: if we get forty votes, i'll answer any question to do with this book. even spoilers. giggles ^^

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

01:38 PM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

"i don't like it," nya mutters, looking at herself in the mirror as she's dressed in the cheer squad uniform. 

"you look hot," elena says, putting her mousy brown hair in a messy bun. 

"agreed," y/n says, tying up her laces. "come on, we've got to go," y/n opens the door to exit the changing rooms, just to bump into lloyd. is anyone else getting deja vu? "hey, lloyd!"

elena and nya peek their heads out the changing room. 

"hey, y/n," lloyd smiles. the conversation ceases, both of them just smiling at looking at each other. "oh, uh. i had something to ask,"

"anything," nya keeps a eye on the heart on lloyd's wrist as elena keeps an eye on y/n's. 

"i know uh, we're both going to get deja vu from this," lloyd laughs, putting his hand on his neck. "but i was wondering if me and my friends could watch the cheer practice today? nya told me that you let her join,"

"of course, you guys can watch," y/n smiles. "just no recording. we want to keep our routines a secret for times when one is needed,"

"yeah, i understand," lloyd nods, the heart on his wrist going gold and the heart on y/n's wrist going the small colour. 

elena and nya look at each other, mouths wide open. 

"y/n?" jennifer says, walking over to the older girl. "is there still practice?"

"yeah, why?"

"you're thirty minutes late..."

"what?" y/n screeches. "i have to go! guys, come on! bye, lloyd! see you there!" 

the love sick teenage male watches his crush run with jennifer and elena. 

"you are going to make it so obvious," nya says, nudging him. lloyd rolls his eyes at the girl, making her chuckle. "go get the rest of the boys,"

"yeah, yeah. whatever,"

💚

the music plays for a break, y/n still figuring out a another part of the dance to add into the routine.  

she slowly makes up a move in her head, carrying it out. but it doesn't come out how she wants it to. 

"hey," she turns around, seeing morro. "you need help?" she smiles at him, nodding. but she would prefer if it was lloyd. where is he?

"uh yeah," she says. "i'm just trying to-wait, how did you even get in here?"

"oh, i was waiting for elena in the library," morro starts. "but then i got bored," 

"ah," y/n hums. "okay. well, this is the move," she shows it to him, morro nodding.  he copies, y/n smiling at him. "that was actually so good. how did you pick it up so fast?"

"i watched you," morro shrugs. 

"but it's a hard move," y/n says, looking at him. morro shrugs, giving y/n a sly smile. she scrunches up her nose, rolling her eyes. "go go, i need to collect my cheerleaders,"

and what she didn't notice is lloyd watching them the whole time. he keeps taking glances, he can't help it. he gets off vibes from morro. and doesn't like how close he is to his crush. but that's possessive, right? y/n is not his possession and doesn't hold her in that way at all. 

"you okay?" nya says, standing next to him. she takes a look at his wrist, checking the heart. it's yellow. she looks over at y/n, seeing the girl smiling. that has to be enough proof, right? for y/n's side. now she needs to go make elena check y/n's. 

"yeah," lloyd nods, slumping into the bleachers. "i'm fine,"

"you know that's literally the universal thing that someone says when they're not okay," nya says, crossing her arms. "go get your girl,"

"i don't...i don't want to interrupt whatever that is," lloyd mumbles, looking down. his blond hair shields his frowning face. 

yes, he does. 

💚

elena stands next to y/n watching the girl's wrist. she takes a glance over at lloyd, seeing how frustrated he looked. well, she can't see his face, but he looks it. 

the heart on y/n's wrist is...grey. this was a bad idea. she can't tell the girls that she can't see colour, they'll stop wanting to be her friend. they'll never want to talk to her again. 

"you okay?" y/n asks the girl, getting elena's attention. elena hums with a nod, y/n looking at her with squinted eyes. "are you sure? you can-"

"i can't see colour," elena says, looking at y/n. "i am so gross for this plan. you and nya should just-"

"hey," y/n says, stopping her from rambling. "we-i need you for this. you don't have to anything revolved around this colour business. there are other ways where we can find out if...you know," y/n whispers with a wink, making sure no one can hear their conversation. "do you want to talk about it more later? you can come over, if you want to,"

"i'd like that,"