chapter⁵⁶

missing mother part two

a/n: kinda short!! apologies 

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

09:27 PM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

"hey, henry," y/n says, poking her head in his office. the butler gets up, bowing to her. "you don't need to that,"

"you know i always will, miss," he smiles, sitting back down. "how can i help you?"

"elena's birthday is in a few days," y/n starts, sitting on another chair. henry pours a cup of [tea/hot chocolate/coffee] for y/n, sliding it over to. as y/n's in her fluffy pink pyjama's, she's happy with getting the hot drink. she crosses her legs, smiling. "and the winter ball is in a few days, and i was wondering of getting her a dress for the ball. me and her, getting a matching one,"

"i think that's a splendid idea, miss," herny says. y/n smiles at his comment, looking at the picture on henry's wall. him and very young girl. and then him and y/n is a toddler. who was the other girl? should she ask him? she didn't know a lot about his past. he never brought it up so it wasn't something they talked about. and y/n didn't like making people feeling uncomfortable. she's a decent human being. "did you see the christmas tree?" herny says, changing the conversation.

and it's the perfect way. y/n loves christmas. the aesthetic. the snow. the baking. the presents. she loves, loves, loves it! she would have wanted to do a secret santa but elena's birthday planning is way too important. 

"i did!" y/n says, smiling. she spins on the chair, sipping on her hot drink. "mama would have loved it so much,"

"i figured as much," herny says, smiling softly. he loved m/n l/n, like a brother would love a sister. they always had things to joke about. always something to talk about. and when they didn't talk, they just listen to each other. "but i think we need to get more tinsel around the house?"

"you think?" y/n hums. "maybe a few more santa hats too?"

"you think just like your mother," a silence passes over the two as they sip their now cooler drinks. still pretty warm though. 

"do you miss her?"

"always, miss y/n," herny says, getting up from his seat. he pulls back the blinds, the stars twinkling in the night sky. "that's why you always see me looking to the stars,"

y/n joins him, seeing a star twinkle. like it's speaking to her. she needs to do this more often. look up into the sky. 

"thanks, herny,"

"anytime, miss y/n,"

💚

outside of the office, d/n sighs. he misses m/n too.