My Tears Dry On Their Own (interracial)

Everly and Kobe eloped in Las Vegas, she wore a beautiful white dress with a tiara and Kobe wore a white suit with a black tie. 

"Everly, I vow to keep you safe, to love you no matter what happens, to cherish each waking moment with you as if it were our last, and I vow to only make you laugh and smile, not frown and cry," Said Kobe.

Everly smiled that beautiful smile of hers, trying not to cry as she stared into Kobe's smiling brown eyes and grinning face. 

"Kobe, I vow  to always be by your side no matter what-through the good times and the dark days, to never stop loving you, even if you turned into something ugly, and to always look at you as my hero-my superman," Said Everly.

"You may kiss the bride," Said the priest.

They shared a kiss that said I'll-love-you-forever.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife."

****

They went to a honeymoon suite at a hotel, and Kobe threw her on the bed, making her giggle and he kissed her hard on the mouth.

"I love you so much, Everly."

"I love you, too, Kobe."

He unzipped the back of her dress and pulled it down a bit, kissing her perky breast. "I've been waiting to get you out of this dress all night," He said, his voice grew husky.

He pulled off his suit jacket and unbuttoned his shirt and loosened his tie.

"I'm scared," Everly whispered.

He smiled. "Don't worry, baby, I promise I won't hurt you, do you trust me?"

"I trust you."

He threw off his shirt and unzipped his pants. "I'll be gentle with you." He spread her legs open. "I promise."

***

That was over two years ago. Things changed. Everly sat on the couch with a picture of Kobe in her hand, she stared at the picture of him, his fair skin, red hair sticking up in all directions like a star, and his brown eyes smiling at her, matching the grin on his face.

Tears hit the picture frame. she wondered how Kobe went from the sweet boy, who accepted the fact that she was abstinence, and was gentle with her when he deflowered her on their wedding night. To a monster who lies, cheats on her, and hits her.

"I'm sorry." He would always say.

She heard him say sorry so many times that she stopped believing him the third time he said it.

"Honey, I'm home," Kobe said, stepping into the living room where she sat. 

She quickly wiped away her tears and wiped the tears off the picture before she set it back on the shelf. He grabbed her by the waist, she resisted the urge to jump out of her skin at his touch, and he kissed her on the cheek.

"I want some of that good black pussy," He whispered into her ear.

Sex is the only thing Kobe wanted from Everly these days.

"Actually, Kobe, I wanted to talk to you about something."

He turned her around to face him and his eyes were as black as night and they were cold and hard.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"I want to leave Burkrow, Portland and go back home."

"No."

"Please."

He turned his back on her and headed for the kitchen. "No, now where is my dinner?"

"In the oven like it always is, so it won't get too cold."

"Go upstairs and assume the position. I'll be upstairs soon," Kobe said, heating up his food in the microwave.

"Can't I just feed you instead?"

"No, now go upstairs."

"Kobe, please don't."

He started towards her and struck her across the face. "Upstairs, now!" His voice boomed throughout the house.

Everly ran upstairs, pulled down her pants, and lied on the bed with her ass in the air. When Kobe got upstairs he pulled off his belt.

"I was going to go easy on you but since you decided to defy me, I'm going to punish you."

He put the ball gag in her mouth and started whipping her. He does it all the time-whipping her like she is a child and leaves scars on her ass that burn whenever she sits down, but they don't hurt as nearly as bad as the bruise on the left side of her face.

****

She lied in the tub afterwards and sunk her head down low, trying to drown herself-for the fifth time in a row,

Kobe came to join her and she had blacked out, he pulled her out of the water and did CPR on her, and when she spat out the water and breathed she cried when she saw his face.

"I know, baby," Kobe whispered, patting her on the back. "I know."

He dried her off and wrapped her naked body in some blankets. 

"I love you, Everly." He kissed her forehead. "You rest, I'll be back later."

Why couldn't he always be like that? She often wondered. Sometimes his old self would show but disappear the next like a ghost.

She wanted so badly to just go home, but she couldn't leave him because she loved him and after she and Kobe got married she lost all contact with her friends and family.

She looked at her antidepressants and decided to attempt to die one more time. If she woke up she would do her best to stay strong and fight for her love or leave it behind, which ever one comes first and if she didn't, well then this is where the story ends, just as it begins.