My Tears Dry On Their Own (interracial) 4

Chapter 4 

Everly awoke to Kobe entering the room with a tray in his hand. 

"I made you breakfast in bed. Chocolate chip pancakes, your favorite." 

Everly smiled. This was the first time in a long time that Kobe cooked for her for a change. 

"What is this for?" 

"This is to say thank you for always being by my side." 

"That's sweet. Thank you, baby." 

She cut into the pancakes and ate some. 

Kobe sat on the bed next to her. " I was thinking that after this we could go see a movie. What do you want to see?" 

"After Earth." 

"What's that?" 

"A movie with Will Smith and Jaden Smith in it. It's about how their ship crash lands on earth after a thousand years and earth is inhabited by these species of creatures that kill human life."  

He grimaced. 

"What's wrong?" 

"I wanted to see Iron Man 3." 

"Never really liked Iron Man 3." 

He chuckled. "It's okay, we can see what you want to see." 

*** 

At the movies they made out during the movie trailers and it felt like old times when they were teenagers and life was all fun and games. 

"I love you," Said Everly. 

"I love you to," Kobe replied. "Are you happy?" 

"Very." 

She smiled at him and Kobe realized that Everly stopped smiling at some point. It was nice to see her smile again. 

Everly's cell phone rung and reluctantly she answered it.  

"Hello." 

"Oh, good, your number hasn't changed," Said Kimberly. "Where exactly do you live?" 

"I'm at the movies right now. I'll text you, okay?" 

She hung up before Kimberly could respond and Kobe watched her closely, his eyes gleaming. 

"Who was that, baby?" 

Everly quickly texted Kimberly the directions, "An old friend." 

Kobe frowned. "I thought we agreed to leave our past behind when we made vows to each other?"  

"We did, but they called me yesterday and we started talking." 

Kobe looked hurt. "Baby, you know why I made you leave them behind. They don't understand our love." 

"You're right. I'm sorry, it won't happen again." 

She quickly texted Kimberly to tell her to stay away, but Kimberly insisted that she had to come and see her no matter what. 

She mentally screamed and turned off her cell phone when the movie screen said to turn off all cell phones. 

"What's wrong with you" Said a voice in her head. "Kobe has not changed, He never will..." 

At least he's trying.  

"It won't last for long," Said the voice sadly. 

I won't give up without a fight! Kobe has always been the man for me and I love no matter how badly he has wronged me. He's only human.