My Tears Dry On Their Own (interracial) 7

Chapter 7  

Everly and the women sat outside the Dunkin Donuts eating bagels and drinking coffee. 

"Okay, girls, let's play who's husband would you sleep with?" Said Ciara. "Alina, you first." 

"Tama's." 

"And you, Tama?" 

"Yours." 

"Ailene?" 

"No one." 

"Everly?" 

"Alina's."  

"I guess mine would be yours, Everly." 

All the women laughed like it was natural to talk about sleeping with each others husband, but Everly got really angry. 

She stood up. "I'm going home." She walked away. 

"Everly, we're going shopping afterwards!" Ciara yelled. "Don't you want to come?" 

"No thanks." She yelled over her shoulder.  

Ciara caught up to her. "Hey, what's wrong?" 

"What's wrong is all of you sit there talking about sleeping with each others husband like it's normal." 

"I'll be honest with you. Alina has slept with Raul before and Tama has slept with Lyle." 

"Why would you do that?" 

Ciara laughed. "It's not like our husbands are faithful." She touched her shoulder. "And Everly..." She stared deep into her eyes. "I've slept with Kobe twice. It was before he started bringing you around us." 

Everly shoved her to the ground and punched her in the face. Ciara screamed. The others came running toward him. 

"Everly, stop!" Alina shouted. 

Everly punched her again and again. Alina and Tama pulled Everly off of Ciara. 

"I thought you were my friend!" Everly screamed. 

They let her go and she walked home. 

*** 

It was two-thirty in the afternoon when Kobe got home from work. Everly sat in the living room chair waiting for him. 

He kissed her on the cheek. "How are you doing, baby?" 

"You slept with Ciara. When were you going to tell me?" 

He chuckled. "What? I didn't sleep with her." 

"She told me herself." 

"What does it really matter?" 

"You sat there and let me befriend these women knowing exactly what you did." 

"Baby, it doesn't matter. The sex wasn't that great anyway." 

"You know I've always been the good wife. I never complained when you fucked all these whores, but then you go and fuck one of my friends and expect me to be cool with it, but I'm not." 

He caressed her cheek. "Baby." 

She smacked his hand away. "Don't baby me!" 

"I'm sorry." 

"No, your not. How could you do this to me, Kobe? How?" 

"Everly, I'm really sorry." 

"No, but you will be." 

Everly went upstairs and stripped herself naked and threw on a trench coat and boots. 

"Where are you going?"