My Tears Dry On Their Own (interracial) 10

Chapter 10

As she made her way to the train station Kobe's words kept playing in her head.  

"Why do you keep trying to leave me?" 

She tried to ignore the voice in her head and pushed herself to keep walking forward until she reached the subway.  

"Why do you keep trying to leave me?" The voice screamed at her. 

She covered her ears, as if she could block out the sound.  

"Why?" The voice screamed. 

"Leave me alone!" She shouted with her eyes shut. 

"Ma'am are you okay?" Asked a male voice. 

She opened her eyes and saw a nice looking man she could have easily fallen for and would have more than likely broken her heart, standing inside the train. 

She removed her hands from her ears. "Yes," She replied, smiling. 

"Are you coming?" 

"Yes, I am." 

She carried her bags onto the train and sat by the nice young man. 

"You're pretty," He said. 

She blushed. "Thank you." 

"I'm Franklin." 

"Everly." 

"Strange name." 

In truth most people thought her name was strange, weird, bizarre, but Kobe said her name was beautiful and her mother told her that if she ever met a man who found her name as beautiful as she was, then he was a keeper. 

Kobe was certainly a keep at first, but in the long run he turned out to be a rock instead of a diamond in the rough. 

"So where are you from?" Franklin asked her. 

"I was born in Virginia, but I moved to Burkrow two years ago." 

"Are you married?" 

"Yes and no." She slipped the ring off her finger. "We're getting a divorce." 

"Sorry to hear that." 

"No, it's for the best." 

Franklin cleared his throat. "I hope I'm not being too straight forward with you, but will you go out with me?" 

"No." 

"Why?" 

Her eyes grew cold, she was so angry, but not at the man, she was angry with men in general. 

"You called me pretty and you said my name was strange." 

Franklin frowned. "I didn't want you anyway you ugly slut!" 

Everly scooted away from him and enjoyed the nice long train ride where ever it would take her and fell asleep. When she came to the train had stopped and she carried her bags off the train, heading out of the subway. 

"Everly!" Franklin shouted, running to catch up to her.  

Everly was highly irritated. "What do you want?"  

"To apologize for acting so childish and immature when you rejected me." 

"Thanks for the apology. Now go away!" 

He tried to grab one of her bags. "Let me help you with that." 

She snatched away from him. "No, now go away."