Set Me Free: 1.0

🌧️

(2 weeks later)

The past few weeks had left Jimin an emotional mess. He still hadn't made up with his friends, and each day left him feeling more isolated. On his evenings and days off, he stayed home and drank alcohol until falling into unconsciousness, waking up the next morning to drink hangover tonic, and repeating the whole process. The stress was definitely showing on his body, as he had lost 12 lbs. in the past 2 weeks.

Checking his phone made him more upset, but it was like a sore that he felt compelled to pick at. Occasionally he would run into photos of Kai with D.O. He also noticed that the group chat had gone silent since Jimin's friends found out that he had read all their messages. As Jimin glanced at his phone, he wondered if they had a new group chat without him. The only people he chatted with during those weeks were Taemin and his parents.

Coming home from dance practice one evening, he stopped by his neighborhood market to pick up soju when he spied his best friend on the cover of W Korea. He picked up a copy, brought it home, and sat staring at it as he poured himself a glass of soju.

"I'm tired of living like this. I miss my friends, even if I have the right to be mad at them," Jimin grumbled. "Time to take Taemin-ssi's advice." He grabbed his phone and posted a phone of Taehyung on his IG as an olive branch.

" He grabbed his phone and posted a phone of Taehyung on his IG as an olive branch

It didn't take too long for his phone to vibrate. He looked down and grinned as he saw a message from his friend.

Jimin dumped the remainder of the soju out and did a quick clean up of his living room

Jimin dumped the remainder of the soju out and did a quick clean up of his living room. As he finished shoving a heap of dirty clothes into his closet, he heard the door bell ring. As soon as he answered the door, Tae swept him up in his arms. "Ah, you're too skinny. Let's order some food." Taehyung looked Jimin over and shook his head before sniffling, "I'm so sorry Minie. I should've been there for you no questions asked. You must hate me."

The two friends held each other and cried. "I could never hate you, Taebear. I'm sorry it took me so long to reach out."

"No, Im sorry I didn't contact you sooner. We all thought you needed space."

"I needed you. But you're here now, thank you." Jimin continued clinging to his best friend as they headed to the couch.

Sitting down, Taehyung pulled Jimin on his lap and wiped the tears from his eyes. "You look like you haven't eaten in weeks. How about some kalguksu?" When his friend nodded, Taehyung quickly ordered the food and threw in some hotteoks for good measure. "Are you ok, Minie?"

"Not really, but I think I will be." Jimin smiled as his friend caressed his hair. "Are they all mad at me?"

"No, Minie. We all feel bad. We know we screwed up. You'll see ... just reach out to them."

Nodding his head, Jimin reached for his phone. Taehyung watched as his best friend texted Jungkook and smiled.

 Taehyung watched as his best friend texted Jungkook and smiled

🌦️