Letter: 1.1

🌤️

(5 days later, New York City)

"Jimin, I like you."

"I know ... I've known for years."

Jungkook's eyes seemed to double size as he and Jimin stared at each other. "You knew all this time?!"

"Yes," Jimin answered before reaching across the table to grasp his friend's hand. "Sorry Kook-ah. Back when I was still single, I was too afraid to do anything to mess up our friendship. I rely on it and if I screwed it up somehow, I don't know what I'd do."

The two kept staring into each other's eyes for what felt like an eternity. Jungkook chewed on his lip rings, thinking about what to say next. "Do you still feel that way?"

Jimin didn't respond immediately. Truth be told, he'd been asking himself the same question for the past couple months. He'd even talked to Tae about it a couple weeks ago. Thinking back to his conversation, what Tae had said made sense.

🌤️

(Flashback to before they left for tour)

"You and Jungkook always had a flirtation going on. How neither of you acted on it is beyond me. Then you started dating he who shall not be named and all of us lost touch for awhile."

"Yes, I missed so many fun times with my friends, and lost more of myself each day I stayed in that damned relationship." Jimin was still bitter. He put up with so much BS while dating Kai. One of his biggest regrets was letting Kai dictate his time, never wanting to hang out with Jimin's friends. Group outings were always with Kai's friends and frequently included D.O., which made their cheating that much more painful. Jimin actually thought D.O. was his friend too. He shook his head in frustration.

"Hey, don't beat yourself up. You can't get that time back, but you've got the rest of your life. Have fun, open yourself up to better possibilities than what you ever had with you know who." Taeyhung looked into his friend's eyes and saw the internal conflict. "You know Jungkook would never do something like that to you. He's been in love with you since you first stepped foot in our dorm."

"It's not like he instantly fell in love with me. You're exaggerating."

"No, it's really been that long. You were just clueless for the longest time."

Jimin's eyes narrowed at first, but then he got lost in memories of Jungkook always teasing him. "He was just a kid," Jimin whispered. "Was he picking on me because he liked me? Even back then?!"

"That's what I'm telling you. But what you seem to be forgetting is how much you like him too. You've always had a soft-spot for Jungkookie. You need to bring those feelings back. Open yourself back up." Taehyung reached over and pulled Jimin into a hug and the two rolled around on the couch with their arms wrapped around each other.

"I love you, Taehyungie."

"I know." Taehyung laughed as Jimin playfully hit him over his response. "I love you too, Minie."

🌤️

As soon as Jimin walked into the exclusive restaurant to find it deserted, his heart started beating out of his chest. He had gotten used to being spoiled by Jungkook just about every free day they had while on tour. However the candle-lit, romantic ambiance of this restaurant seemed different than all the other places they'd been to.

They had one of the most amazing meals Jimin had ever experienced in his life. Throughout the meal, they talked like normal, leaving the elephant in the room unaddressed. It was after they shared an amazing chocolate torte and toasted with champagne that Jungkook's relaxed demeanor became tense and he nervously chewed on his lip rings. And that's when he confessed. And then waited for what felt like eternity for a response from Jimin.

As the pause in conversation continued, Jungkook began to fidget. Jimin let out a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. "I do still worry about messing up our friendship." Jungkook looked crestfallen until Jimin grabbed his hand again. "But I'm willing to risk it. I like you too."

Jungkook stood up so fast he almost knocked the stool over. He reached for Jimin and pulled him up, wrapping his muscular, tattooed arm around the smaller's shoulders. After hugging for a couple minutes they pulled apart while still holding onto each other. Jungkook's eyes darted between Jimin's eyes and his lips. With a quick nod and a smile from his now boyfriend, Jungkook pressed his lips to Jimin's. He had thought about this moment so many times. Wondered if Jimin's lips were as soft as they looked, and found the reality to be more amazing that he ever dreamed.

☀️

(That Friday, after the concert)

☀️