Letter: 1.3

☀️

The responses to the kiss & announcement were swift and ran the gamut from irate fans to antis to opinionated pundits to LGBTQIA+ supporters. 

After the Live ended, the manager tried pulling Jungkook with him into a separate room but Jungkook resisted until Jimin came to his side and slid his hand into his boyfriend's. The two walked hand in hand to the manager's room both dreading what was to come.

Bang Si Hyuk and CEO Park Jiwon were on a video call from HYBE's office and neither of them looked like they wanted to be there. "We have a serious problem. I just got off the phone with the President asking us to cancel your concert." Si Hyuk looked even more miserable after having relayed that information.

"The President?" Jungkook asked.

"President Yoon called you?" Jimin looked shocked as he said those words.

"I'm afraid so. He thought there would be security concerns. At least, that's what he said." Si Hyuk rolled his eyes before continuing, "We all know he's a bit conservative."

"Do you want me to cancel my concert?" Jungkook asked while wrapping an arm around his boyfriend's waist as much for his own comfort as Jimin's.

CEO Park responded, "We shouldn't do anything hasty. I think it's best if you two stay out of the public eye for the next week. Let's see how the situation seems in a few days. I've asked the manager to take care of that for you."

"You don't want us to come back and prepare for my concert?" Jungkook looked confused. "You're considering canceling my final show?"

"No, we want to reassess in a few days. This all could blow over. Who knows what will happen." Si Hyuk gave a small smile. "I didn't get the chance to congratulate the two of you. Jimin, Jungkook-ah ... you know I support you both, right?"

Jimin stifled a sob, "You do? Thank you, sir. That means so much to us."

"I want you to be happy. But I also want you to be safe. Let the news die down some. Come back in a week. That still gives you plenty of time before your concert. Go have fun. I already told the President that we wouldn't make any decisions right away."

"Ok, we will try to stay hidden for this next week. Thank you for not canceling yet. I really don't want to, so I hope this blows over." Jungkook bowed towards the computer.

After the video call ended, the manager told them to pack their bags. It was already past midnight, so they wouldn't have much chance to sleep, but the plan was that Jungkook's security team would create a decoy that appeared to head towards the airport in a few hours. Shortly afterward, the remaining security team would drive Jimin and Jungkook out toward Lake Powell where they have a houseboat waiting for them.

As soon as they were left alone to pack, Jimin wrapped his arms around Jungkook and the two broke down crying. "I'm so scared that your concert is going to be canceled."

"Me too." Jungkook wiped the tears away from his cheeks. "I thought it was a fun moment to kiss you in front of ARMY. I never in a million years would've thought the President would get involved with HYBE business."

"I know, it's crazy. Doesn't he have a country to run?"

Jungkook chuckled, "Exactly. Hopefully it will blow over while we're on the boat. Which by the way sounds like fun. I get to spend a whole week with you on a boat!" He pulled Jimin in for a kiss.

Breaking away from the kiss, Jimin replied, "Except it won't just be the two of us. We'll have your security detail on as well."

"But they won't get in the way. Those guys are all really cool."