I started to get worried about these letters. Was I the only one receiving them...? I didn't want to think about it, and instead, I tried to go to sleep, knowing the mastermind was watching me.

•• 2 days later ••

I got up like I did usually, and went to the cafeteria. I walked up to Toko, and asked her if she was receiving any letters from this so-called "mastermind". She told me she didn't know what I was talking about, and I ended up getting the same response from everyone else.

I then realized that the only person I haven't asked was Sayaka. Where was she anyways? I scanned the cafeteria, and then realized that Sayaka wasn't here.

"Guys! Where's Sayaka at?" I asked.

Everyone then started to look around for Sayaka.
A few minutes had passed since everyone split up to look for her.

I then heard a scream come from Sayaka's dorm. We all rushed to the dorm with a pixelized version of Sayaka on it, and her name tag on the door.

We saw Naegi passed out on the floor ... I looked into the bathroom, and ....

Sayaka...?

No... This can't be real..... Sayaka can't be dead ...

Sayaka was bleeding out on the floor and she was impaled with a large kitchen knife... There was gold on her right hand which seemed to be broken.... The numbers 11037 were written in her blood on the wall next to her....

絶望の高校生。( high-school of despair.)

I was put into terrible... despair.... I didn't even have the guts to investigate.... I just lost my friend... We only knew each other for 2 days but it felt like I've known her for 2 years...

I walked out to the gym, and saw... Junko.... She... She was getting impaled with spears.... Not just any spears... but... The spears of gungnir...

I couldn't help it. I bursted out into tears... Why are all of my friends dying? This was truly a high-school of despair...

I ran back to my dorm room and I sobbed in my pillow until I fell asleep....

why me?