chapter9

That day, Hongmei Niang showed off Zhao Zhuang to her, and Tian Shi silently comforted herself by saying that her daughter could marry a better husband. Now, Tian Shi only felt that her daughter could marry a farmer like Zhao Zhuang, who had land, a house, and good looks. Satisfied.

  Hongmei was carefree and thick-skinned. She didn't care about the jokes of her elders and said to herself: "We have no brown sugar at home. My mother asked me to go to town to buy it. Do you want Jiaojiao to come with you?"

  The town is six miles away from Dawang Village. Chen Jiao accompanied Tian once. Although Lin Jiao was not that weak, Chen Jiao still resisted.

  Unfortunately, before she could refuse, Mrs. Tian said: "If you want it, we don't have any brown sugar at home. Jiaojiao, go and buy two kilograms. Let's eat bean stuffed buns tomorrow."

  After saying that, Mrs. Tian ran to the room to get money. In addition to the money to buy brown sugar, she also gave her daughter an extra string of copper coins and told her to shop more.

  Chen Jiao was helpless and reluctantly followed Hongmei out.

  In August, the weather wasn't that hot anymore, but the sun was shining brightly. Chen Jiao felt very hot, so she walked under the shade of a tree.

  There are two roads to the town. One is crowded but requires a long detour. The other is by the Tiger Mountain behind Dawang Village, which saves a lot of distance. Although Tiger Mountain is named "mountain", it is actually not very high. Farm children like to go there to play. There are no tigers in the mountain. At most, there are some pheasants and hares.

  Villagers from Dawang Village almost all go this way when going to town.

  Hongmei also led Chen Jiao onto this road.

  The rest of the area was fine. When walking along the foot of Tiger Mountain, there was a densely forested mountain on the left and a high slope on the right. There was no one in front or behind. Chen Jiao was a little scared. Last time she went with Lin Boyuan and Tian, it was fine. But now, just the two girls, she and Hongmei, what if...

  "Let's change the route." Chen Jiao whispered with Hongmei.

  Hongmei wondered: "What to change?"

  Chen Jiao was embarrassed to say it, but her nervous look betrayed her thoughts, and she was laughed at by Hong Mei.

  The little girl's clear laughter spread with the wind to Tiger Mountain, where Han Yue was taking his seventeen-year-old second brother Han Jiang into a rabbit trap. Hearing the girl's laughter, Han Yue was only busy with his own business, and Han Jiang went to I looked down and recognized the two women based on my knowledge of the villagers.

  "Brother, look, it's Lin Jiao." He said excitedly.

  There are really few young men in Dawang Village who don't like Lin Jiao, and Han Jiang is one of them. But he just admires Chen Jiao's beauty and can't help but take a second look when he meets her. In fact, even if he doesn't look at Han Jiang Jiang is five years younger than his brother, but he already has a sweetheart, Cao Zhenzhu, from the next village.

  Han Yue glanced down and saw the excitement on his second brother's face. He whispered: "Since you want to marry Pearl, don't worry about outsiders."

  He felt that his second brother was a bit frivolous.

  After being taught a lesson by his brother, Han Jiang curled his lips and still tilted his head.

  Han Yue frowned and got busy first. It was easiest to hunt rabbits in autumn. Compared with beauties, he wanted to make more money from rabbit skins.

  At the foot of the mountain.

  Chen Jiao walked worriedly beside Hongmei. After walking for a while, the sound of horse hooves suddenly came from behind. The two girls turned back together and saw a mule cart.

  Chen Jiao pulled Hongmei to the side of the road to avoid it.

  The driver was a thin-faced man in his thirties with squinting eyes. He walked beside the two girls. He slowed down and asked with a smile: "Where are you two girls going? I'm going to town. Do you want to take my car?" car?"

  He didn't look like a serious person, so Hongmei snorted, "I won't sit down."

  The coachman continued to tease: "Sit down, sit down, I won't charge you."

  Hongmei has a fierce personality and scolded her directly: "Go away, who cares about your broken car!"

  The driver narrowed his eyes.

  At this moment, another man in black suddenly jumped out of the car, holding a stick in his hand, and hit one of the two women on the back of the head!

  The man was obviously used to doing this kind of thing, but Hongmei and Chen Jiao had no experience at all. When the back of their heads hurt, they fell limply to the ground.

  The man in black hugged Chen Jiao in time and threw her into the car.

  Looking at the red plums on the ground, they looked pretty. He turned around and asked the coachman, "Do you want this?"

  The coachman changed his previous scoundrel attitude and said solemnly: "As long as the one inside is dragged into the forest, there will be no extra branches."

  The man in black nodded, quickly picked up Hongmei and dragged her to the nearby woods.

  After hiding the red plums, the man in black jumped on the mule cart, which immediately set off quickly.

  Han Yue did not know the following situation.

  Han Jiang saw the mule cart stop, but the mule cart stopped on the left side of the two women, blocking his view. He could not see what the man in black did. When the man in black held the unconscious Hongmei, he came around from behind the car. Come over, although Han Jiang saw it, he didn't react. It wasn't until the mule cart rushed forward that Han Jiang suddenly broke into a cold sweat and called to his brother tremblingly: "Brother, Lin Jiao, Lin Jiao seems to be here." Captured by them!"

  Han Yue was squatting on the ground, tying a rabbit harness. Hearing this, he was shocked and stood up immediately.

  At the bottom of the mountain, a mule cart was running rapidly.

  Han Jiang quickly explained what he just saw!

  No matter whether Han Yue knew Lin Jiao or not, he couldn't stand by and watch such evil deeds like robbing a girl in broad daylight. What's more, Lin Jiao was from his village, and Lin Boyuan was a scholar he respected!

  "You go and see Hongmei, and I'll stop the car!" Han Yue calmly told his second brother, and after saying that, he rushed towards the woods ahead, as agile as a cheetah.

  The road down the mountain was curved. On the mountain, Han Yue was so familiar with Tiger Mountain that he chose the shortest shortcut. Then he cut through the thorns and thorns, ignoring his clothes and arms being torn by branches and thorns, and finally rushed to the mountain before the mule cart drove out of the end of the mountain road. feet. Panting, but with firm eyes, he stopped in the middle of the road without hesitation.

  At the same time, the coachman had already driven over. Han Yue appeared so suddenly that the coachman did not have time to tell him to get out of the way!

  Seeing that a man and a horse were about to collide, Han Yue suddenly turned sideways, grabbed the reins around the horse's neck with his big hands, and pulled it back hard!