chapter 33

Manager Zhang usually doesn't come to persuade her, so why is he here today?

  Chen Jiao felt that if Yu Jingyao broke off the engagement because of her, Yu Jingyao would marry her without her need to please her. If Yu Jingyao had other motives for breaking off the engagement and had nothing to do with her, she would move forward eagerly. Wouldn't she be ridiculed by Yu Jingyao in vain? But , there is another possibility, that is, Yu Jingyao wanted to marry her, but he couldn't bear to lose face and took the initiative to sue for peace, so he sent Manager Zhang to persuade her to visit her to please her.

  Chen Jiao couldn't be sure.

  She decided to test Yu Jingyao's attitude first.

  Lowering her head, Chen Jiao said with pity: "Master Yu doesn't even like the daughter of the prefect's family, so how could he marry me?"

  Manager Zhang encouraged her enthusiastically: "Go and try it. You are the only one who has done it so far. You will definitely succeed."

  Chen Jiao turned her head and said, "I won't go, so as not to humiliate myself."

  After saying that, Chen Jiao left, not giving Manager Zhang a chance to lobby again.

  Manager Zhang had no idea and hurriedly went to reply to his master.

  After hearing this, Yu Jingyao could see in front of his eyes the haggard look of the little beauty looking out for herself. She wanted to marry him, but at the same time she was afraid that he wouldn't want her.

  Women, they just like to think nonsense.

  After Xie Jin took part in the third autumn examination despite being ill, Yu Jingyao asked a matchmaker to go to Huaiping Lane to propose marriage with gongs and drums.

  Chapter 42

  The matchmaker is here.

  The matchmaker, who didn't know the inside story, praised Yu Jingyao to the extreme in front of Chen Jiao, saying that he looked like Pan An, Caibi Deng Tong and so on.

  Chen Jiao listened quietly, and finally said only two words: "I will marry."

  The fact that Yu Jingyao was willing to cancel his marriage to the official family to marry her at least meant that Yu Jingyao had already fallen in love with her, and Chen Jiao's body had been given to him. What he had to do now was to make Yu Jingyao's heart beat even deeper, to the point where he was completely devoted.

  The young lady agreed, and the matchmaker happily went to the Yu family's mansion.

  When Yu Jingyao arranged for a matchmaker, he directly sent his steward to the matchmaker's house to negotiate. After the matter was completed, the matchmaker would come back to Yu's house to resume her life.

  Yu Jingyao didn't go out that day and stayed at home waiting for the matchmaker.

  As soon as the matchmaker came to the door, the steward took her to see Yu Jingyao. When Mrs. Xie from the backyard heard the news, she felt strange and immediately came to the front yard.

  The matchmaker is congratulating Yu Jingyao.

  Yu Jingyao had already prepared the gift money and gave it to the matchmaker, asking the matchmaker to leave first and come back another day.

  The matchmaker happily agreed, collected the money, and walked out when she met Mr. Xie.

  "Congratulations, madam." The matchmaker said with a smile on her face.

  Mr. Xie looked puzzled: "Where does happiness come from?"

  Just as the matchmaker was about to speak, Yu Jingyao suddenly appeared at the door of the hall and said to Mrs. Xie, "Mom, come in and sit down."

  Mrs. Xie looked at the matchmaker and walked towards her son.

  Yu Jingyao invited his mother into the hall.

  "The matchmaker just arrived, why did she leave so quickly?" Xie asked her son strangely after sitting down.

  Yu Jingyao knew that he was not doing this kindly and would definitely hurt his mother's heart. He coughed and then said: "The matchmaker has come back after proposing the marriage, and Jiaojiao also agreed. I will arrange the rest, and mother will be waiting." Let’s drink my daughter-in-law’s tea.”

  Mrs. Xie didn't hear clearly and stared at her son and asked, "Who? Who did the matchmaker propose to marry?"

  She seemed to have heard "Jiao family", but was there a wealthy or official lady named Jiao in Yangzhou? Xie couldn't remember it for a moment.

  Yu Jingyao touched the bridge of his nose, looked at the tea bowl and said, "Jiaojiao, didn't you live in our house? Mother forgot?"

  Jiaojiao who has lived in their house?

  Privately, Mrs. Xie always called Chen Jiao as "Chen's daughter", but Mrs. Du kept saying "Jiaojiao", and Mrs. Xie finally remembered it!

  "Bastard, who asked you to propose marriage!"

  Mrs. Xie was so angry that she slammed the table, pointed at her son's head and started to curse: "Okay, your wings are stiff, aren't you? You didn't discuss such a big matter with me as getting married. Do you still have a mother like me in your eyes?" Yes! Jingyao, I'm telling you now, I won't agree. Unless I die, that vixen who shamelessly seduces my fiancé's cousin will never even take a step through the door of the Yu family!"

  How could his son fall in love with his former cousin's fiancée for no reason? Ms. Xie was sure that Chen Jiao seduced her son first!

  Yu Jingyao admitted that he was wrong for not discussing the marriage with his mother, so he was already prepared to be scolded. But since he dared to cut off the marriage first, he was not afraid of being scolded.

  "She didn't seduce me, I forced her." Yu Jingyao raised his head, looked at his mother calmly and said, "Mom, my son will tell you the truth. As early as the first time I saw Chen Jiao, my son thought, I'm determined to make a deal with this woman, otherwise, why do you think I would acquiesce to Third Sister's approach to Xie Jin, a poor scholar, and why would I induce Xie Jin to take the initiative to break off the engagement?"

  Xie was stunned and looked at her son opposite him like a stranger.

  Her son Chengfu was good at calculations, and Ms. Xie had long known that, because sometimes her son would do something proud and tell her afterwards how he managed it step by step. At that time, her son was plotting against outsiders. Ms. Xie only thought that her son was too smart and invincible. However, now, her son actually used his own sister and prospective sister-in-law as pawns for an orphan...

  Xie's bones and blood were cold.

  After all, she was her mother. Seeing her mother's face turning pale, Yu Jingyao came over and helped Mrs. Xie to sit on a chair. Then he squatted down, held Mrs. Xie's hand and said: "Mom, what kind of temper has your son had since he was a child? Most clearly, except for Chen Jiao, my son has never fallen in love with any woman. Now I would rather cancel the marriage with the Qi family and marry her. This shows that I am determined to win her. I ask my mother to forget about the past for the sake of my son. If you are dissatisfied with Chen Jiao, treat her like family from now on."

  "She's not worthy!" Ms. Xie just didn't like Chen Jiao. The more her son cared about that woman, the more unwilling she became. With tears in her eyes, she angrily scolded her son: "With your conditions, you can choose the ladies from Yangzhou's big and small official families. She How can an orphan girl who has been promised a marriage be worthy of you? You are just crazy!"

  Yu Jingyao said: "My son can decide for himself whether she is worthy or not. The marriage has been decided. Mother feels sorry for her son. Please stop making trouble, right?"