chapter 42

The next day, Xie Jin asked to see Xie, Yu Jingyao and Yu Lan.
  When everyone was here, Xie Jin stood in the middle of the hall, looked at Mr. Xie and said, "Auntie, thanks to your respect, you have treated me like your own child for the past six months. It's a pity that Zichun was dazzled by the wealth of Yangzhou and spent his whole day thinking and wasting his time. I am really ashamed that I lost my reputation through studying. Last night, Zichun couldn't sleep all night. I thought about it and remembered what Mencius said, "Born in sorrow and died in peace and happiness." Zichun suddenly had an epiphany and decided to go back to his hometown to study hard. Today is a special day Come and say goodbye.”
  Yu Jingyao glanced at him in surprise.
  Yu Lan couldn't believe her ears, and asked with tears in her eyes: "You, you want to leave?"
  Xie Jin gave her a big gift and said guiltily: "Zichun was confused. When he first met his third cousin's beauty, he actually wanted to marry him. Then he betrayed his promise and regretted the marriage. I guess losing the election now is retribution. After Zichun returns to his hometown, he will suffer behind closed doors. Read, don’t be greedy for any affection between children, third cousin, just forget about me, a little person."

  "Say it again!" Yu Lan didn't want to forget, so she stood up crying.
  Xie Jin apologized again, then turned and left.
  "I won't let you leave!" Yu Lan wiped her eyes and was about to chase him out.
  "Stop!" Yu Jingyao shouted to his sister coldly.
  Yu Lan turned back.
  Yu Jingyao's eyes were stern: "You still think you haven't lost enough people, do you?"
  Yu Lan couldn't bear such an unpleasant reprimand, and she cried more and more. Xie felt sorry for her daughter and quickly helped her to the inner room to comfort her.
  Yu Jingyao sat there for a moment and then went to the guest room.

  Du Shi and Xie Jin have packed their bags and are about to go out.
  Yu Jingyao knew that the mother and son had decided to leave, so he did not say any more polite words and only asked them to stay one more night before leaving tomorrow morning.
  Du Shi had mixed emotions every time she saw him and hid behind her son.
  Xie Jin hated Yu Jingyao at first, and then looked away. In the final analysis, he had to change his heart first, otherwise as long as he did not break off the engagement, as long as he insisted on protecting his sweet sister by his side, and he followed her when she moved out, Yu Jingyao would There is no chance to bully my little sister. Later, Yu Jingyao would rather break off the engagement with the magistrate's family for the sake of his sweet sister, and he also protected his sweet sister in every possible way after the marriage. Compared with the two, Xie Jin felt inferior, so he only had blessings for the two of them in his heart.

  At the same time, Xie Jin was also grateful to Yu Jingyao. It was Yu Jingyao who allowed him to see himself clearly, and only by seeing him clearly could he find his way back in time.
  "Cousin, we won't stay any longer. Otherwise, if we say farewell tomorrow morning, we will only have another sorrow of separation." Xie Jin said with a light smile.
  Yu Jingyao only felt dangerous. He used to look down on Xie Jin, but now that Xie Jin has shown such a big heart, it is inevitable that he will be promoted to an official position in the future. If one day Xie Jin remembers his revenge for taking his wife, will he come back to cause trouble for him?
  At that moment, the words "cutting the grass and eradicating the root" emerged in Yu Jingyao's heart.
  At this moment, Xie Jin took a few steps forward and whispered to him: "Cousin, my sweet sister and I grew up together as childhood sweethearts. I have always treated her as my own sister. If we say goodbye today, my mother and I will probably never see each other again. I won’t go back to Yangzhou, my sister doesn’t have any relatives here, I hope my cousin will take pity on her and protect her, and don’t let her suffer anymore.”
  Yu Jingyao lost his mind again.
  Xie Jin stepped back, cupped his hands and said, "Farewell."
  After saying that, he held Du's arm, and the two of them left side by side.
  Yu Jingyao looked at Xie Jin's back. The young man was dressed in a green shirt and his posture was straight, like a gentleman mentioned in the book.

  Yu Jingyao suddenly remembered what Chen Jiao said when he asked him to recite "The Analects of Confucius": "I like gentlemen. Although Master Yu is not a gentleman, he still has the opportunity to correct himself..."
  Yu Jingyao stood still.
  When Xie Jin fell ill, he ordered someone to tamper with Xie Jin's food. Yu Jingyao had no regrets at all. He had always been a villain. How could he give Chen Jiao's ex-fiancé the chance to become an official and ride on his head? Just like now, He could also arrange for people to pretend to be robbers and break Xie Jin's arms or legs to avoid future troubles.
  However, Xie Jin acted like a gentleman with him.
  Yu Jingyao sneered, he would never be a gentleman in this life, but he was willing to give Xie Jin a chance. If Xie Jin really came back to seek revenge on him in the future, if he played with Xie Jin properly, Yu Jingyao would not believe that he would lose to a man with no hands. A scholar with the power of a chicken. The princes of the prefect of Qi and the Duke of Guo were all manipulated by him. Xie Jin had nothing to fear.
  After Xie Jin and Du Shi left, Chen Jiao still got the news from Yu Jingyao.
  Yu Jingyao looked at her calmly.
  Chen Jiao raised her eyes and saw him like this. Chen Jiao only asked: "What should I do with the third sister?"
  "Aren't you sad that they are gone?" Yu Jingyao asked without answering.
  Chen Jiao has nothing to be sad about. She came here halfway. The person who had deep feelings for Du and Xie Jin was her deceased original body. For Chen Jiao, Du cared about her and she respected her in return. Xie Jin broke off the engagement. Anyway, she didn't I like Xie Jin, and my anger for the original person has mostly subsided with Xie Jin's failure.

  Now it seems that Xie Jin is not too bad at giving up the wealth of the Yu family. Instead of wasting her emotions on parting with two strangers, Chen Jiao should worry more about herself. If Xie Jin had not poisoned the original person, then the real culprit must be between Xie and Yu Lan. In other words, there is a vicious person hiding in this Yu family mansion who is willing to kill people.
  "You want me to feel bad?"
  Chen Jiao stared at Yu Jingyao and asked, she had so much to worry about, but this man actually came to test her feelings for Xie Jin.
  Yu Jingyao snorted.
  Chen Jiao really doubted Yu Lan. Whether it was to find a backer or to make Yu Jingyao happy, Chen Jiao snuggled into his arms, leaned against Yu Jingyao's chest and said, "Seriously, the third sister will Don’t you think that Xie Jin’s leaving has something to do with me marrying you? What if the third sister turns her anger on me? She doesn’t like me in the first place.”
  Of course Yu Lan was dissatisfied with Chen Jiao, and Yu Jingyao certainly knew that, but the main reason for Xie Jin's departure was obviously that he failed to pass the exam. The third sister shouldn't be angry with Chen Jiao, right?
  "Thinking too much." Yu Jingyao smiled and rubbed Chen Jiao's head.