VIII| What Makes What

Landlubber - land lover. Someone unfamiliar with the sea or sailing
Old salt - old/experienced sailor

<><><>

  The current gate is, of no doubt, a beautiful place.

  Although intrigued and in awe if you were to see the one in Ignacia City, it’s still quite horrific. Hence, the gate in Ignacia Cove is incomparable with it.

  As soon as our red merman diverges from the current pushing him out and through the water surface, he’s first bestowed with the sight of the night sky bringing light to the cave through the large opening.

  Thanks to the bright full moon, the water and lily pads are absolutely glistening. In the middle of the large pond is a small island with a gazebo on it filled with flowers of different kinds and mostly of moss. But if Kai is to drift further away, he will see the largest tree he’s ever seen hovering over the gazebo, and its leaves are nothing like any other tree.

  This one, is a pale colour of pink.

  Its falling petals are swimming along with the lily pads.

  The path leading towards the Ignacia Cove itself has stone columns, once again, covered in moss and — whatever makes an ecosystem complete and presented to the fullest.

  Some stalactites are found in the corners, green flecks are mended in their breakages. They bear resemblance to glowing jades.

  Kai didn’t notice the extravagance of it at first when he was headed to the slither pit. He didn't have the time to look around back then. But now that he’s a free man with no one behind and in front of him, our red merman finally got to do it.

  Though, he admits it feels empty without a silly Roise trailing after him.

  Several hours have passed since what went down in the gladiator pit. After being brought outside from the arena and back in the underwater city, he had to stay in his room to be nursed and checked for any signs of being enchanted or whatever.

  Kai had to convince them that he wasn’t being brainwashed for them to completely let him go.

  And although Roise was the most worried, she was the only one who believed him.

  Guards were also stationed right by his door. Of course he’d have them. After unleashing a terrifying amount of fire in the twinkling of an eye, it would’ve possibly caused a commotion.

  It surely must’ve shaken some merfolks.

  Like, come on. He just had to slap them in the face that they are swimming the same waters as the Viscount Kai Smith himself, the destiny’s chosen scapegoat of ninjago’s entire ocean.

  Supposedly dead.

  Hahaha.

  Kai groaned so loud to his pillow earlier when he was finally alone in his room.

  That whole thing aside, he finally found Cole.

  He has to get to him.

  He wants and needs to be there.

  Wait, what’s up with the need?

  He paused at the thought, abruptly halting the music box.