X| A Symbolic Flower of Spring

Bb ton's instrument is gon be like those diy harmonicas. The diys sound kinda wack irl so uh let's just pretend they actually do sound like harmonicas — however u want

Songs:
Celtic woman - ae fond kiss
Kokia - usu momoiro no kisetsu (listen to kokia for real life!!)

Words:
Gallows - framework with a rope noose to hang criminals
Heebie-jeebies - state of nervous fear or anxiety

<>

  Well that wasn’t so bad.

  Sike, he was practically a birthing duck but hey, hours later Kai can finally rest his soul and thank the gods if Lloyd was telling the truth of shutting his mouth and never selling him on the river. Unless Kai transitions into the monster of the word, that’s when young capt’n Lloyd will tackle him (Jay said that).

  However, the fear is still there. Nothing can assure Kai of what’s bound to happen in the future and of the crew’s decision, and if whether he’ll end up in the gallows or not, so he would still stare into space with a face as pale as pearl — just like now as he’s slowly wrapping Cole’s forehead with a new orange cloth and lounging by a fountain just outside the infirmary.

  Cole, of course, saw it and knew it. And although just a few minutes ago he was trying to figure out the grand plan of his escape out of this pretty tunnel and run back to his crew by himself, somehow his objective shifted to shaking the worries out of Kai’s shoulder by sticking close at all times — since he already acknowledges he’s quite awful at comforting with words, so, proximity it is. Well, he should not give up.

  If it’s for Kai, he should not give up.

  If it’s for the most questionable merman on Earth, he must not think of giving up.

  In all honesty, even the conversation earlier made him incredibly worried. Watching Kai get shaken up by the mention of the finnfolk was already bad, not much less understanding the reason why.

  He understands it. Really. The feeling of being chased around because everyone sees him as either the big bad wolf or a goldmine, sometimes both. The difference is — although both have been experiencing it since childhood — while Cole takes it as a silly game, Kai is actually afraid.

  “ —Next thing I know Kai’s mouth would be on fire and we’d have the heebie-jeebies and Kai would be like ‘what?’” blabbered Cole whilst mindlessly playing with the strings of Kai’s shirt. “If ye wish to live long and prosper, Roise, was it? Don’t do what Kai would do. He makes terrible ideas and is unaware of his likes.”

  “Why?”

  “Because he’s an idiot.”

  “You’re teaching the child bad manners. Don’t listen to a bear with rabies, Roise’s baby,” said Kai. “Between Rocky and I, guess who almost died twice.”

  Cole chuckles. “Salmon, that’s you.”

  “It’s you too, duh.”

  They roll their eyes in unison.

  “But for the record, you almost died because of yer ideas. Twice.” Kai flicks his forehead.

  The pirate turns his head to the other mermaid beside them, annoyingly causing Kai to mess up with the bandage and click his tongue.

  “He likes to have his tongue burnt.”