3| What do you want?

Fakhir's POV

So, this is it. She will be napping for all of the way. When will I talk to her?

I turn to look at her, and she is shivering since her shawl does not cover her at all. I pulled over and retrieved the shawl from the backseat.

Just a little movement will be life-threatening for me.

Her hair was pulled in a ponytail, making her face visible. Be it her complexion, long lashes, or small face in all, her ways of expressing authority or ambitious nature, her respect for Maa Jaan, or.... Her entire existence has led me not to speak to her about our relationship.

I wrapped her in my shawl, and after a while, she awoke.

Dua 's POV

I woke up and sat straight.

"Chai piyogi?" I nod. He stopped the car and went to get tea. It's morning already. I tied my hair brushing it by my fingers. While searching for my slippers I noticed the other shawl over mine. And how can I not recognize this shawl which he brought from his trip to Ladakh. I fold it neatly and wore mine.

("Would you like some tea?)

"Hm!" I took hold on my tea.

"How far away is it?" I checked the time from my phone.

"Just one more turn."

We had our tea in silence.

"You wanted to talk about something, right? Say."

His state was shouting, Bara-e-meharbani.

"So let's talk to the points as there is not much time left." I was about to say something as he was clearly taunting me for sleeping. "Chachi ne Maa Jaan se rishte ki baat ki hai aur khandan wale bhi force kar rahe hai."

(Aunty has talked about the relationship with Maa Jaan and the family members are also forcing.)

I'm so happy for Atiqa. Finally, she'll get married to her long-term fiancé, Atiq Bhai.

"So what is the need to talk to me?" I still can't get his point.

"Humari..." He looked in my eyes and I can't hold his gaze, so I looked away. "Wo sab jo bhi hua tha Abbu ji ke israr pe hua tha aur khandan me sab is baat se anjaan hain."

(Our...Whatever happened happened on the insistence of Abbu ji and everyone in the family is unaware of it.)

What is he trying to say?

A little boy came to take our glasses. Fakhir gave him a big chocolate bar which made that boy dance in glee, after he left. We were again on road.

"Along with Atiqa's proposal Aunty talked about and my relationship.... " This pause. "with Parishay."

"And what did you say?"

"Maa Jaan has said that she will talk to you first because I was forced on you. And you had also taken promise for divorce from Maa Jaan before coming to Delhi." Very conveniently he cut off my question and ended it with the reminder.

"Tum kya chahte ho?"

(What do you want?)

"Jo tum chahti ho."

(Whatever you want.)

And the car halt infront of a building in a posh area that I didn't even notice when we reached there. All I could think was why Atiqa haven't told me anything about it?

He took hold on a shopping bag from back seat.

"Who lives here?"

"Maa Jaan has come. She wanted to meet you yesterday but you refused."

What? How would I know that she wanted to meet me when he didn't even say anything about her being in Delhi.

"She wanted to surprise you." Can he read my thoughts?

But the question is am I going to see her in this, tshirt and plazzo?

"Take this." He forwarded the shopping bag. "Maa Jaan must be sleeping right now and so must Atiqa." I took hold on it. "You change quickly as soon as you go upstairs."

We came to the apartment as per his idea I did the same. This dress, white and blue printed frock suit, it's the most comfortable cotton fabric I've ever worn. After photography, he is even skilled in buying girl stuff. I was sitting in a living room while he was in the kitchen.

Paro baji? She is pretty and a perfect homemaker material, ofcourse he will say yes. There is no reason for denying the proposal.

"Assalamualaikum." Atiqa came to me and engulfed me in a big hug, meeting after so long broke us into tears. We are best friends; we often call and send gifts to eachother but seeing eachother face to face is quite a different feeling after whole three years.

"Bhai! Chai." After settling down on the sofa she called him out.

"It is coming." He yelled back from the kitchen. He is even skilled in kitchen.

Soon B mamma came and then his tea with some bakery goods. We had few chats on this and that about farewell as they know everything about me after all who do I've to rant about all my professor's frustration. They hear all of my stories no matter how worst or funny or meaningless or nonsense they were.

After Duhr, B mamma who came to me reciting dua and blew it on me.